Molotov

Member since Oct 2020 • Last active Oct 2020
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• 10 comments
  • in Bangle.js

the freezing is specifically gadgetbridge related

Ok, it'd be good to know if you find a way to reproduce that. Does the watch automatically >reboot, or just stop responding? There's a watchdog timer so if Espruino thinks it has crashed it >should normally reboot itself in around 5 seconds.

Sometimes the watch would reboot (and frequently enough for me to spot it a couple of times a day), sometimes the clock (unchanging) and screen would be stuck on which is very good at draining the battery! Often the watch clock would seem to "run slow" as well (it'd lose some hours/minutes). Disconnecting gadgetbridge and observing for a day I could see the issue stopped. I was going to raise that in separate thread/issue though.

Now I'm back to just a couple of apps I'll see if it still happens or if it was the combination of things I had running.

But I guess what happened is that you had used GPS in the past and everything was great, then at some point the battery run down and you lost the GPS time.

Aha, it's good to understand how the time works! It's much less confusing now. It probably ran down while it was frozen on.

• in Bangle.js

Sorry for adding to confusion - the freezing is specifically gadgetbridge related and not GPS Time related, but as gadgetbridge can time sync it can get around the Getting GPS Time not setting the time any more. I probably should have omitted it from the original description.

So the problem is simply that Getting GPS Time since 2v08 for me doesn't fetch the time at all, it just sets it to the unix epoch on startup, and subsequent BTN3 holds don't update the time, just show Getting GPS Time then show the clock at the uncorrected time.

I will try a restore to default to see if it fixes the time.

• in Bangle.js

Weird, re-downloaded and pushed it again, nothing, no log apart from the battery percentage logged in the IDE* on long press BTN3 and the time is still at unix epoch + time watch has been on. Tried it a few times.

>BLE Connected, queueing BLE restart for later
    {"t":"status","bat":94}

I tried downgrading to 2v07 but that did not help, so I'm back on 2v08.

Edit: Additionally GPS Time is missing from my settings app - I'm sure there was an entry in there?

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon I used https://www.espruino.com/binaries/espruiĀ­no_2v08_banglejs.zip downloaded 26/10/2020 14:12:33

I will re-download and push it again, maybe something weird happened. Thanks for the IDE pointer, I was wondering how to debug without messages showing up!

• in Bangle.js

I updated to 2v08 on the off chance it might help with Gadgetbridge freezing up the watch (which I was going to raise as an issue), but now the watch won't pick up GPS time no matter how many restarts I try (even with gadgetbridge disconnected).

Is anyone else seeing this?

Actions