PaoloM

Member since May 2014 • Last active Jul 2014
  • 1 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• 5 comments
  • in Interfacing

Yes, I updated the firmware yesterday before starting to experiment. I think I used the right end, the one with the female connector. The green cable ends up into a connection labelled DI on the PCB. That green cable has maybe a resistor patched in. The shape is the same as the ones in the reward but it's protected by black tape and I can't verify it unless I tear it apart. I'll check the wirings with a tester.
    Thanks!

• in Interfacing

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I need some help to understand what.
    I hooked the WS2811 LED string as in the video at http://www.espruino.com/WS2811. White to GND, red to BAT and green to B15.
    I connected a battery to the white battery plug. This might be the problem because it's a power pack made by 4 1.2 rechargeable AAA batteries, so it's 4.8 V instead of 5 V. However the LEDs are powered because they briefly flash when I put the red wire into BAT (but they do that even if the battery if off.)
    This is what I type into the Web IDE.

SPI2.setup({baud:3200000, mosi:B15});
    =undefined
    SPI2.send4bit([255,0,0], 0b0001, 0b0011);
    =undefined

No LED lightens up. I tried to send the commands to the Espruino in the white part of the IDE, no success.
    I tried a different baud rate of 6400000 because I read on the forum that not all the LED controllers might work with 3200000, but nothing change.

Is the 4.8 V battery the culprit? I don't have a 5 V one but I'm thinking about flashing a loop into the board and powering it with a 1 A/5 V Samsung charger into the micro USB port. Is that OK or it will be too much for the board?

Thanks.

• in General

Thank you!

• in General

Stefan, I'm also about to solder a battery pack to a power plug but I don't know the polarity. I assume that the red wire is positive and the black one is negative. Can you confirm that? Thanks!

Actions