user113695

Member since Jun 2020 • Last active Sep 2020
  • 6 conversations
  • 11 comments

JavaScript novice and tinkerer.

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Hi,
    Is the graphics frame buffer on the Bangle memory-mapped and accessible from within JS? Or is data transferred in chunks to the LCD controller via SPI?
    Thanks,
    Marko

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for adding the compiler flags, it works beautifully. I put in a pull request for the app to be added to the app loader.

• in Bangle.js

Hi,
    This is a bit of an app-store policy question:
    I wrote an STL viewer app (STL is a relatively simple file format for representing 3d models and is often used in the hobbyist 3d printing realm). The app can read ASCII formatted STL files and displays a shaded 3d view of its contents that can be rotated around on the watch screen (see attached image).
    I concede this is probably not the most useful app for a smartwatch, but perhaps it is still worth adding to the app store.
    However, to get even marginally useful framerates for all but the very simplest models, I ended up doing a lot of the linear algebra and data manipulations in inline C using 32 bit floats and the processor's FPU (thanks to @fanoush for figuring out how to do that). For the FPU code to compile I had to host my own local Espruino compiler.
    Therefore, in order for others to install the app on their watch the app store version would have to contain a binary blob of the compiled routines (encapsulated in a base64 string). Obviously I would provide the C code as well, but it would be much harder for the casual user to play around with the code than with a strictly JS-only app.
    Any thoughts on this?
    Thanks,
    Marko

• in General

Hi,
    Is there a limit to the number of arguments that can be passed to an inlined C function?
    I get a message

Uncaught Error: Error Parsing signature at argument number 6

when attempting to set up an inline C function with 6 arguments. Everything appears fine up to 4 arguments.
    Thanks,
    Marko

• in General

Hi,
    I am trying to use a local copy of your Espruino compiler hosted on github in an attempt to play with float32 FPU operations on a Bangle (inspired by a forum post by @fanoush here), but I am running into a few issues.
    It seems that the code in the repository has not been updated since January 2019 and does not know about board type BANGLEJS (easy enough to add).
    When attempting to point the web IDE to my (running) local copy at localhost:32766 I always get the error message "Error contacting server. Unable to compile code right now.". I can see on the localhost console that the compiler received and compiled the code, and it even outputs a binary blob (to the console) that, when cut and pasted appropriately into the IDE works perfectly, but it does not seem to communicate back the IDE.
    Am I missing something obvious? My JS and node.js knowledge is pretty limited, so it is entirely possible that I am doing something boneheaded here...
    Thanks,
    Marko

Actions