jpoles1

Member since Apr 2020 • Last active Apr 2020
  • 0 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Apologies if I'm mistaken, but I think @rigrig wrote the code to accept gadgetbridge weather notifications while using @NebbishHacker hacker's lovely code for displaying the weather itself. Not sure who wrote the code to persist to storage... I didn't think it was that important to be so specific in an informal forum post.

• in Bangle.js

Amazing work with this watch app, really cool how you were able to use the gadgetbridge notifications. And very clever to save the weather to settings for persistence of the weather data when the app is not open!

• in Bangle.js

Hi all! I just received my watch a couple days ago and I've been working on porting over a watchface that I had written for the Pebble Time way back when I first got that watch. I also hope to incorporate weather updates into my watchface.

As far as I can tell, there's no good way to request a weather report right now from the bangle.js, seems like we can only passively receive updates from the gadgetbridge weather app? I think it would be really great if there was a way to execute any sort of arbitrary API request from bangle.js apps. Is this possible?

Actions