rigrig

Member since Apr 2020 • Last active Apr 2021
  • 0 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

An advantage of running it in Bangle.js would be that you could choose to actually draw some of them, e.g. if a notification only consists of a smiley. (or use it as icon if it's the first/last character)
    On the other hand: there are tons of them, I guess phone-side you might be able to run a more complete translation?

• in Bangle.js

I don't think app submodules are a good idea, they would complicate things a lot without adding much (if any) benefit: Instead of just forking the BangleApps repo, you first need to learn about submodules, then fork/create the app repo. And then fork the BangleApps repo anyway to update the submodule. (Not to mention the complications if an app maintainer seems inactive/deletes their repo, or for global changes which affect multiple apps)

CODEOWNERS looks interesting though, it could be a neat way for people to opt-in to receive notifications about certain apps, and you could ask issue submitters to look at that file for people to @mention. It seems a bit duplicate with the per-app readme/blame, but it also means people who for some reason don't want to be bothered anymore could just be removed from the CODEOWNERS file.

• in Bangle.js

NebbishHacker

Thanks!

That looked pretty amazing, and it seemed like a shame to let all that hard work to to waste.
    So I went ahead and converted it into an actual app: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/pĀ­ull/340

The way you draw those images also made it really easy to use a smaller version for a widget :-)

Actions