alexeyguskov

Member since Mar 2020 • Last active May 2020
  • 2 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Other Boards

Short update from my side:

• I have bought an ID205L which is completely different device from ID205, different pin layout etc. Has NRF52840 onboard, 4MB external flash, heart rate sensor, ST7789V with full touch, a button and an accelerometer. No light sensor.
    • Its pretty easy to open using a hot gun. I managed to open mine, reflash it and seal it back without causing much damage (and i believe it can be done with no damage at all, but i don't have another device to check that :D)
    • I managed to figure out most pin assignments. Able to access display, touchscreen (incl swipes), flash memory, accelerometer readings (with interrupts). I also can communicate with heart monitor chip, but don't know how to make it start a measurement yet. DFU updates also work fine for me.
    • I wrote a jswrap module to work with SPIM interface. On nrf52840 it enables up to 32mbps communication via SPI with hardware SS and D/C pins so screen updates are pretty fast now. It also supports asynchronous js calls.

I will try to create PRs asap. Meanwhile my current progress can be found here and here.

• in Other Boards

Hey guys,

I've seen some work done to port Espruino on ID205 smart watch. Driven by nRF52840 it looks really promising for very reasonable price (30eur on amazon). If I understand correctly using this hardware with a espruino firmware off factory may have been an original plan for Bangle but then @Gordon changed his mind.

Is there any backstory for it? Should we still spend time making this work?

As I understand the major bummer is ID205L devices are pretty hard to open without breaking the glass, is that right? What about ID205 (aka older version with two buttons)? Based on fccid images the case back is plastic and should be easily detachable if using a hot gun.

• in Porting to new Devices

Hey guys. I have ported Espruino on Minew E8 beacons and thought maybe someone else could be interested. The beacons are quite cheap and may have numerous applications.

Beacon are based on nRF52832 and have a CR2032 battery, 1 LED and an accelerometer.
    Device description: https://www.minew.com/bluetooth-beacons/­e8-tag-beacon.html
    Source code: https://github.com/kvasdopil/Espruino/tr­ee/minew-e8

The device can be easily opened and debug interface pads are accessible. Use any kind of programmer device to attach and replace a bootloader, softdevice and firmware.

Bootloader and firmware can be built as usual using BOARD=MINEWE8 setting.

If anyone needs a prebuilt .hex files, just let me know.
    Also i'm not sure if i should create a PR for the code. Probably the device belongs to unmaintained_boards branch, idk what is the projects policy on 3rd party boards that require disassembly and manual reflashing.

Actions