user110663

Member since Mar 2020 • Last active Oct 2023
  • 0 conversations
  • 13 comments

Most recent activity

• in ESP32

Hello, I've created a repository with the specific version of Espruino for ESP32-S3 and ESP-IDF 4.x.
    Let's see if from here we can work to integrate it into the official Espruino repository.

https://github.com/rgomezwap/EspruinoS3

• in ESP32

Hello, these days i'm setting up a Github repository with the complete ESP32-S3 system.

If you can wait a few days for me to have it ready. Hopefully, by this weekend I can have it ready and published.

The Make file and the sdkconfig are the first two significant changes compared to the current build system of Espruino.

Here are for you to see how different they are.

• in ESP32

Yes, sure.
    I hope this work is the beginning to add the new ESP32-S devices into Espruino.

Currently, I have focused on addressing all the initial issues. The main goal is to achieve a firmware that successfully boots. From here on, everyone will be able to contribute.

• in ESP32

Hello again. One more issue. The ESP32 S2 and S3 boards don't have a UART USB port. Instead, they use USB CDC, which means that the serial device is virtual. Therefore, the Espruino console doesn't work over the UART channel unless we connect cables and a USB-serial TTL converter.

I have seen that Espruino already includes USB in the console, so I need to investigate how to use it.

Let's continue...

• in ESP32

Hello, today I received the ESP32-S2. Let's see how it works with the port I made for ESP32-S3, or if there are many things that need to be changed.

I'll let you know once I get it.

• in ESP32

Hello, it's great. But for now, I'm working locally with a virtual machine.

I tried to follow the current Espruino organization and build system, but I couldn't do it. I have created a new folder structure and build system that fits with ESP-IDF 4.x.

So we can follow different paths:

• Share the code I have as it is, and each one sets up their own system.
    • Create a repository, upload everything, and start working independently of Espruino at the begining..
    • Try to unify with the current Espruino repository, but I don't have the knowledge and time for it.

Or any other option that is preferred, I can adapt.

• in ESP32

Hi, this weekend I'been working on three updates. I've upgraded the BUILD system to ESP-IDF 4.4.4 and it seems to be working fine on ESP32 and ESP32S3.

I've also added all the WIFI code and it's working on ESP32S3. I'm now able to access it via Telnet with EspruinoWeb IDE.

Finally, I've ordered an ESP32 S2 to be able to do some testing and add it to the build system. I've been doing some research and it's a candidate to replace the ESP8266, so it's good to have all three systems well done.

• in ESP32

Thanks for the link, I'll read.

The truth is that I work with ESP32 (WIFI) and Espruino (Javascript) , and I'm very happy.

The reasons to start migrating are:

• new chinese gadgets come with ESP32-S3
    • Two cores is very important for WIFI management without disturbing Espruino Input/Ouputs timings.
    • ESP-IDF is on version 5.x. Me at the moment in 4.4

I think it's time to start migrating before the current ESP32 system becomes obsolete.

• in ESP32

I recently received the ESP32-S3 board.

I have done quick tests with the ESP32 IDF 4.4 toolchain. I've removed a lot of code that doesn't work with ESP32-S3 hardware.

Finally I was able to start Espruino prompt.

Now there is a lot of work left to review the hardware differences and create a dual version for ESP32 and ESP32-S3.

• in ESP32

Maybe now that we are testing the IDF v4.x and v5.x versions we could do the build for ESP32-S3. It seems to be the successor of ESP32.

Has anyone made any progress to start with?

For me I need to buy the hardware first.

Actions