Tx

Member since Mar 2020 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 12 conversations
  • 155 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thank you for the hints, but I just wanted to know whether there will be a V3 in sight somewhere in 2024/25, just for the decision to stay or to move to other watches.

• in Bangle.js

Scratches, Button and one of my two kickstartes died of corrosion of the contacts. On the second one the corrosion is starting although it is covered with a plastic strip.

• in Bangle.js

Is a v3 still an option for the future? I'm just asking because my BangleJS2 (I love it) is getting somehow old. Not in the meaning of old hardware, but simply it becomes worn out and I'm now in the situation of thinking about a new watch. Not tomorrow, but this year. But I don't find a better fit for me than an open watch. BangleJS is sold out at Espruino dealers here in Germany so this is also not an option.

• in Bangle.js

The watch works, but charging results in either not-charging or waht seems to be a loose contact.
    My first thought was also the firmware, but I managed to update to v16 squeezing out the battery.
    I have no video, but a pic of the contacts. Varnish removed.

• in Bangle.js

So I'm affected now, too :-(

I have a kickstarter Bangle and I covered the middle pins with arcylic varnish. However the charger contacts seemed to puncture the varnish and the watch is in a loading-not loading-loading cycle - most time not loading anymore. The strange thing is that the only obviously corroded pin is the middle left one. The others seem to be ok. Any idea on how to get it back to work again?

Edit: vaRnish of course, vanish would be also nice :-)

• in Bangle.js

What about sending data as GET requests? I haven't tried the feature yet, but I suppose it should work?

Bangle.http("https://pur3.co.uk/?text=heĀ­llo").then(data=>{
      console.log("Got ",data);
    });

• in Bangle.js

I tested a bit and finally got a message that gadgetbridge is not installed on the watch. Which is strange since other notifications were working.

Solution: Deleted Android integration app and reinstalled it. Works, even for the not listed Aquamail.

• in Bangle.js

I encountered a strange thing: Gadgetbride has been working very well with all my apps. With the Banglebridge it does also work, but not for Aquamail. It is not even listed as an app in the notification debug menu. Anyone any idea? Unfortuneatly I cannot compare it with the latest original Gadgetbridge version.

• in Bangle.js

Unfortuneatly I get it only in Gadgetbridge (in my case - but it turns the app installer useless) but not on Chromium on Linux - so I cannot take a look at the console.

Actions