labarks

Member since Mar 2020 • Last active Nov 2023
  • 2 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Agreed. I backed/own the original PowerWatch X and the Series 2. The PowerWatch 2 is great and has that form factor that about half of the users would want in a B3. The biggest problem right now is that they have been sold out since 2020 and don't even have parts for repairs (broke both of them by wearing them in the pool for too long under water).

• 6 comments
  • in Bangle.js

No, nothing more than washing my hands. I've been very careful with my B2 even though it is waterproof/water-resistant (unlike the B1) since I killed my Matrix PowerWatch 2 which has 200 m Water Resistance by wearing it in a pool for an extended period of time.

Attached is a close up of the top of the watch with the wrist strap removed. Let me know how you want to proceed with a replacement. Thank you!

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for the quick response @Gordon. I entered that "battery drain" code into the IDE and saved it as a *.boot.js file so it would run automatically if I restart the watch. In the console it is repeated returning the following error:

Uncaught Error: I2C Error: Arbitration (start)

That did do the trick to drain the battery in about an hour. I recharged it and reinstall the default apps, but the screen still doesn't work like before.

Yesterday and the day before, before using that "battery drain" code, the battery died before the end of the day on a full overnight charge, even when Bluetooth and/or GadgetBridge were disabled/disconnected, and/or Android integration and Messages apps where uninstalled from the watch.

Anything else I can try? If this is a hardware issue, how would handle getting it repaired or replaced?

• in Bangle.js

The touch screen on my Bangle.js 2 seems to have stopped working. It will turn on, launch the clock, then I can click the button to enter the (default) launcher, but then it doesn't scroll or let me select an app. I've tried reinstalling the default apps and reinstalling the 2v12 firmware.

Any suggestions for additional troubleshooting? As far as I know, it hasn't received any water or other damage, but maybe it did while I was at the hospital and didn't have it on me.

• in Bangle.js

I've been working on a launcher, and like everyone else, have been creating two separate apps because of the form factor differences (screen/buttons) between Bangle.js 1 and 2. I think that we need a way to make it easier to create single apps that support both models. Obviously, sometimes this is as simple as some if statements checking the hardware version. But when that isn't the case, there has to be a better way to do this where we can create a single app but it will install/run different code depending on the model it is used on instead of maintaining two copies of the same app for that reason.

Below is my recommendation on how we could do this. In an attempt to future proof this, I have included a hypothetical Bangle.js 3 which would have a similar form factor to the real Bangle.js 2 and therefore would be able to use the same code for both models. Under Storage, I added the same supports list to the files used to install that app.

The default value for supports is implicitly all models. This is what you would use for setting, icon, and boot files when it would be the same for all 3 models. When you explicitly list the model(s) in supports, it is only written to Storage on install for that model(s). This would allow for more code reuse and reduce app storage use on the watch.

In the hypothetical launch app below, only one launch.app.js file is written to a BANGLEJS or BANGLEJS2/BANGLEJS3. In the hypothetical welcome app below, only one welcome.app.js file and welcome.boot.js file is written to a BANGLEJS, BANGLEJS2, or BANGLEJS3.

Example of my proposed apps.json format for supporting this recommendation.

{
        "id": "launch",
        "name": "Launcher (Bangle.js 1, 2, & 3)",
        "shortName": "Launcher",
        "version": "0.08",
        "description": "This is needed by Bangle.js to display a menu allowing you to choose your own applications. You can replace this with a customised launcher.",
        "icon": "app.png",
        "type": "launch",
        "tags": "tool,system,launcher",
        "supports": ["BANGLEJS","BANGLEJS2","BANGLEJS3"],
        "storage": [
            {"supports": ["BANGLEJS"],"name":"launch.app.js","url­":"app-b1.js"},
            {"supports": ["BANGLEJS2","BANGLEJS3"],"name":"launch­.app.js","url":"app.js"}
        ],
        "sortorder": -10
      },
      {
        "id": "welcome",
        "name": "Welcome (Bangle.js 1, 2, & 3)",
        "shortName": "Welcome",
        "version": "0.13",
        "description": "Appears at first boot and explains how to use Bangle.js",
        "icon": "app.png",
        "tags": "start,welcome",
        "supports": ["BANGLEJS","BANGLEJS2","BANGLEJS3"],
        "allow_emulator": true,
        "storage": [
              {"supports": ["BANGLEJS"],"name":"welcome.boot.js","u­rl":"boot-b1.js"},
              {"supports": ["BANGLEJS"],"name":"welcome.app.js","ur­l":"app-b1.js"},
              {"supports": ["BANGLEJS2"],"name":"welcome.boot.js","­url":"boot-b2.js"},
              {"supports": ["BANGLEJS2"],"name":"welcome.app.js","u­rl":"app-b2.js"},
              {"supports": ["BANGLEJS3"],"name":"welcome.boot.js","­url":"boot-b3.js"},
              {"supports": ["BANGLEJS3"],"name":"welcome.app.js","u­rl":"app-b3.js"},
              {"name":"welcome.settings.js","url":"set­tings.js"},
              {"name":"welcome.img","url":"app-icon.js­","evaluate":true}
        ],
        "data": [{"name":"welcome.json"}]
      }

I hope that I did a good job of explaining this and that others think that this would be a useful improvement. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

• in Bangle.js

I had the same issue since I tried using the espruino_2v04.399_banglejs.zip firmware which was in http://www.espruino.com/binaries/travis/­master/.
    But using espruino_2v04_banglejs.zip firmware from http://www.espruino.com/binaries/travis/­cad1b987f8c6a3af1fcc6984980f4023c4732aca­/ worked.

Actions