SiFu

Member since Mar 2020 • Last active Aug 2020
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• 10 comments
  • in Interfacing

@MaBe: No, the default sensitivity was too high with the way I originally had my wires. So I had to shorten some wires and bend others to have them apart as much as the limited space allows.

@Robin: oh, nice! might try this one day. Would be curious if I could get that to work more reliable than the ESP32 touch pins I tried initially.
    For now I'm pleased with the setup I have :)

• in Interfacing

According to the datasheet of the CAP1188 chip: "50uA quiescent current in Standby (1 sensor input monitored)". I will investigate more, if i find that the battery drains too fast.
    But at least the cap1188 can send an interrupt, so that Espruino don't have to check the touch values continuously.
    I definitely can recommend the cap1188! At first I implemented the remote with the touch pins of an ESP32, and that did not work very reliably

• in Interfacing

Sure,
    it's a BLE remote:
    Previous, Play/Pause, Next, Volume Up and Volume Down

• in Interfacing

Hi Robin,

thanks for your reply :)
    I managed to get away with the default sensitivity, by rearranging the wiring even though it's all in a very tight space.

• in Interfacing

Hi there! :)
    I recently bought some MDBT42 breakout boards and love them :)

Now I hooked up a Adafruit CAP1188 touch board to one of them and it works (with the https://www.espruino.com/CAP1188 module), but I would need to change the sensitivity of the board and I have no clue how to do that.

In Arduino this would work:
    uint8_t reg = cap.readRegister( 0x1f ) & 0x0f;
    cap.writeRegister( 0x1f, reg | 0x6F );

Can anyone point me to the right direction?
    Thanks,
    SiFu

Actions