BrainFooLong

Member since Dec 2019 • Last active Oct 2020
  • 3 conversations
  • 10 comments

Most recent activity

• 3 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Today i've tried to install some apps from https://banglejs.com/apps/ but 7 out of 10 the page doesn't load properly.
    I always get javascript errors and can do nothing on this page. Tested with chrome and normal + incognito window with no extensions.
    See attached file.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for the hint with the "About" Tab. I've done 'Remove All apps' and 'Install default apps' and than 'Set BangleJs Time'.

This fixed all issues for me.

• in Bangle.js

Hi!

Today i've tested a firmware upgrade to the current firmware.
    I've downloaded espruino_2v04.99_banglejs.zip and flashed it succussfully to the watch.
    But after that, only the Default Watch does function.
    I cannot enter any menu or do something else.
    Also battery and bluetooth widgets are gone.
    I've upgraded every installed app to the newest version (which was possible) from https://banglejs.com/apps but still no luck.

Also there are some errors on the watch after pressing some buttons.
    See screenshot.

What should i do now?
    I've flashed multiple times with no errors, same result.

• in Bangle.js

Oh and one tool what would be awesomely handy: Convert ttf/otf fonts (or better: specific chars of that font files) into the required espruino format. I've tried different converters but had no luck.
    Best scenario: Pick a font file, select chars, select font size, press convert, done :)

But that's not an issue. Just something what i've required for my watch interface. I ended up taking a default existing bangle font.

I like your campaign. That's how crowdfunding should always be.

• in Bangle.js

Signal strength on the pc is typically fine when it is connected.
    That was also my first thought, a signal problem. For that reason i've tested different situtations: Really near the pc bluetooth dongle, more far away, disconnected all other devices.
    Nothing really have an impact on the signal strength.

If the watch has restarted, i don't know.

It feels like, once connected via web bluetooth and than reloading the page, which disconnects you and you have to reconnect, the problem start to begin.

I will try to invest more time on that issue and summerize that for you in a post. This will take some days probably. Will also try another pc.

• in Bangle.js

I like the watch, i've already created a watch interface "Centerclock".

I don't wear the watch currently, because of this https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/iss­ues/1738
    I'm a person that wear a watch 24/7. And with the bangle, it's difficult to sleep because of the ever automatic display turn on when i move my hands.
    The watch display turn on way to often in not required scenarios.

For me, i need to turn off the watch display per default and only turn it on with a press of a button.

Also i have troubles with bluetooth connection while developing.
    It is a pretty weird behaviour

• Sometimes i'm able to connect within seconds
    • Sometimes it doesn't connect at all, for minutes
    • Other bluetooth devices work flawlessly on the same PC
    • Sometimes i start an upload and it stops inbetween and abort

I can't describe a way to reproduce, even i can't describe a proper fix. I always tried resetting the watch, settings, etc... until it finally connected again.

So, my development of my watch face took a way longer because of the bluetooth issues, but with patience i managed to finalize it.

Battery life is really good, when the display don't turn on automatically.
    Currently it's on my desk since 14 days, untouched. Still have battery.
    With normal auto turn on display this drops off to a few days of battery life.

Greetz

Actions