dwinfiel

Member since Aug 2019 • Last active Sep 2019
  • 1 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• in ESP32

All of a sudden it is working now through USB, and I didn't change anything since the last attempt. I do not believe that I did anything for setting udev rules, I don't see anything on the Espruino ESP32 page about setting those. If it stops working I will look into setting the udev rules.

• in ESP32

AkosLukacs,

Thank you for your help. I was able to connect on Linux using the WiFi and IP address just had to add the port number. However, the USB option still isn't working for me. I am more interested in the WiFi option anyway so I should be able to work around not getting the USB option to work in Linux.

I am currently evacuated due to a hurricane and do not have access to my ESP32. I will post the console info when I get a chance, in case it is useful for others.

• in ESP32

I have double checked the speed setting and it is at 115200. Have attached a few screenshots. Is there something in Linux such as a permission setting or something that could prevent Chrome from connecting? I'm running Debian version stretch (9.6).

Thanks!

• in ESP32

Is there something that would cause the Chrome IDE app to not work in Linux only?

I am new to Espruino / ESP32 and I am trying to get started. I was able to successfully flash my ESP32 and connect through Windows using the Chrome IDE app and I was able to connect to my WIFI. However, on Linux I am not able to connect using the Chrome app. When I chose to connect via the USB option I get the the messages "Unable to retrieve board information. Connection Error?" and "Connected to /dev/ttyUSB0 (No response from board)". If I try connecting through the IP address (as set through windows) I only get "Connection Failed." I am able to connect under linux using cutecom and I even get a response with the ESP32's IP address if I send it the command "wifi.getIP().ip"

Thank you,
    David

Actions