PeterD

Member since Jul 2019 • Last active Aug 2019
  • 2 conversations
  • 14 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

what do you mean by "flip-dot - with or without additional LED or flip-card design..." ?

• in General

The board will be 1.8 by 1 meter (approximately).
    And I know it will be heavy, but is will be mounted on a wall, so that's not a problem.
    Maybe I will glue pieces of MDF on each other were I need to mill the pockets. That will save weight.
    And I can make use of an industrial CNC, Milling time will be 1 hour more or less, so that's a problem as well :).
    I tried to put my "prototype" outside, and 7 leds/segment (WS2811) is enough. But maybe not enough with white light in combination of a diffuser. Because the not burning segments are white as well.
    Later this week I'll build 2 digit version, with a black background and a diffuser just to test.
    As power supply's, I have 5V 40A power supply. That's sufficient for 300 WS2811 leds. And I'll inject power each 50 leds.

Version 2 will be based on 64x64 led panels.

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/329313094­52.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4be73c­0fh05qsi&algo_pvid=98a80eb6-ebfc-4f90-82­d6-b5f34ebb7fb0&algo_expid=98a80eb6-ebfc­-4f90-82d6-b5f34ebb7fb0-3&btsid=f195f5eb­-580a-4e7e-ae7c-888d96518889&ws_ab_test=­searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_10,searchwe­b201603_52

But I don't have experience whit this. It should be nice if I can control this by HDMI. But maybe I need a kind of converter to control 50 of these panels by HDMI.

For the moment I plan to complete the "low cost" model first ;)

• in General

For the big scoreboard, I think I'm going to use a thick (40mm or more) black MDF wooden board.
    With a CNC milling machine, I'll mill all the "segments" and drill the 12 mm holes that hold the LEDS. I will mill also the pockets that can hold diffuse plexiglass. On top of this MDF board can I glue a printed design of the scoreboard. And on to another blanc plexiglass to make the front waterproof. The plexiglass is mounted against the MDF. that will asure that the plexy can handle the impact of a baseball. .. I hope that my explanation is a bit clear ... ;)

• in General

For the big board, I'll use the WS2811 leds (Neopixel)
    I've made holes is a carton box and put the leds in there. :)
    This was more easy to develop the code. I'll test the brightness soon.
    The board must be visible during summer days as well ;)

https://youtu.be/RbY5IU7ID7Y

• in General

Hi @ all,

Tx all for your help and support.
    I was able to build something in a very short time at a very low cost.
    As I said before, I would like to make a scoreboard for a baseball team.
    This is a non professional team, and a commercial scoreboard is way too expensive.

My first objective was to build a "controller". This controller will be connected to a large screen. Wired or wireless, that is not yet decided.
    The prototype of the controller is finished.
    I know that the buttons are not aligned, and I can make it look better.. but it's a prototype.
    I've uploaded a video in youtube, this way you can see how it's build ;) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h7a_aEx­TEw

• in General

Tx for your help!!!
    I'm a dummy in this, but I was able to build my project successfully :)

The next step will be building the big scoreboard.
    First I will connect the controller with the scoreboard with a wire.
    But the goal is to make this wireless.

I don't know how complicated this is.. and what are the possibilities of wireless connection between 2 Espruino's. And what the possible distance of wireless communication is.
    On the location, there's no internet, so I have to do it with bluetooth I guess...
    Any tips are welcome ;)

• in General

Update:

I've added : pinMode(Cx, 'input_pulldown');

for each input I've used, and changed the debounce to 200. Now it looks stable !!! :)

• in General

Hi,

I've run getPinMode() for each pin, and the return was "input" for all off them.

There's no external resistor attached to the buttons. Is this needed?
    What resistor do I need in case of falling and rising? and if I use "rising", do I need to have the BAT connected to the button, or the GND?
    Do I need to use pinMode(B1, 'input_pullup'); in combination with a external registor?

process.memory()
    ={ free: 1608, usage: 632, total: 2240, history: 43,
    gc: 0, gctime: 5.47504425048, "stackEndAddress": 536909532, flash_start: 134217728, "flash_binary_end": 237920,
    "flash_code_start": 134459392, flash_length: 262144 }

The setWatch is on the right-hand side of WebIDE, as part of my program.
    There are 8 setWatch in my program. If I put a "//" in front of the line where setWatch is, and leave only one (or 2 or 3) it works. So each setWatch and the associated function works fine.
    The problem occurs only if I set all the setWatch active.

If I run the program, at the start I see that the value's are rising on the screen, witch means that the inputs are "active".. ? and the functions are called.
    After a while it is more stable, bu when I press a button, it looks like there are several functions called, because the values are changing on the screen.

I've tried 25-50 as debounce, but then the values are rising faster. Therefore 1000.

• in General

Ok, I've changed the wiring on the pins to C4, C5, ... C11.
    and also changed the setWatch to "Rising". and the common wire on the buttons to "bat".
    the debounce is on 1000 for all pins.
    it looks a little bit better, bu still not stable.
    when I press C4 and C5, some other functions are called as well.
    Maybe are C4 and C5 not the correct pins?

Actions