alexfreed58

Member since Jul 2019 • Last active Jul 2019
  • 2 conversations
  • 6 comments

Most recent activity

• in Other Boards

Robin,
    Hologram is one of the sim card providers, but not the only one. Soracom is another player, and as I said it works just fine with 2 other brands of LTE modules. I have no trouble connecting to soracom gateway via AT&T using SIM7000A module, but for some reason not BG96.

• in Other Boards

Sorry if the question is not about Espruino as much as the BG96 module, but I'm not sure where else to ask.
    I've been trying to connect RAK8212 to an LTE network. I have a SIM card from "soracom". It works just fine in Ublox SARA-R410m and SIM7000A modules. In both cases it connects to AT&T network.
    Now if I use the very same card with RAK8212, it doesn't even detect AT&T! Given the AT+CPOS=? command, it lists only Verizon and T-mobile plus some "numeric" others. But not AT&T. If I try to connect to either Verizon or AT&T, it doesn't connect. I know that AT&T uses 4GLTE CAT M1, and T-mobile - NB-IOT, but BG96 is supposed to support both, right? Is there some setting I'm missing? Did anyone connect to AT&T? I'm in the Bay Area and the signals are quite strong. My i-phone can see all three of the above and even Sprint! And I thought Sprint was strictly CDMA, not GSM.

• in Other Boards

Thanks, Gordon. I'll try it.

• in Other Boards

Pull up/down it was not. Zero ohm resistors, AKA jumpers are connecting the pins of the SIM card connector to the module. One was missing. Forgotten or not properly soldered and lost.

• in Other Boards

Well, to answer my own question, it WAS a hardware problem. One resistor was missing next to the SIM connector. Found a high enough res picture on the net showing that the resistor should be there. Problem solved. Now having to use wrappers for every command is a bit annoying. I don't speak java script. Is there a simple script that would just take strings from the serial or BLT interface, forward verbatum to the module and show whatever comes back?

• in Other Boards

I'm trying to bring RAK8212 to life. Loaded Espruino and now I can use BLE and talk to the BG96 module using https://www.espruino.com/ide/. So far so good. I'm able to send AT commands with at.cmd() wrapper. The module replies as expected for the most part, but won't connect to a network. I tried 2 different SIM cards and it looks like the module just doesn't see them at all. I get error "10" to AT+CPIN? and other commands related to a SIM card. I have used a scope to see if there is any activity on the pins, and it looks like during a cold start the power is supplied to the SIM card for a while, even both 1.8 V and some higher voltage, but then the power is removed and not restored even when issuing a SIM related command.
    Is it a hardware problem? Looks like it to me. I'm speculating that the BG96 module tries to talk to the SIM card even at 2 different voltages, gives up and powers it down thinking it's just not there. Alternatively I may have written some wrong stuff while experimenting with it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Actions