Javascript developer since I was in my 20's and that was a LOOOOONG time ago

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42
    wifi.at.debug() 

gave me an error. The module looks to have a "debug"
    http://www.espruino.com/modules/ESP8266W­iFi_0v25.js

but wouldn't I call it like:

wifi.debug()

I'll try that when I get home. and yes I have to find a capacitor and place it on there to see if it helps.

ALSO I did measure the 3.3 and ground (using a regular multimeter) and I see it turn on. stay on and when the lights go out it goes down to 0v so it's being killed (or it's shorting)

Please correct me if I don't understand anything hardware wise. I'm just reporting what I see.

@gordon Yes.

Here's the order of things.
    I turn on the Pixl.js badge (with the switch on the Pixl.js badge)
    The Pixl.js front red lights quickly blink.
    The ESP01S BLUE light blinks around the same time and pauses for about a second.
    Then the ESP01S BLUE light blink several times (I would say trying to connect) then suddenly STOP.

@Robin
    I've put that on the pixl.js badge and will run it all night. There's no reason it won't but I do appreciate the help and I'm willing to try anything.

The Pixl.js badget has shown no signs that anything is wrong with it. it's just cutting the power to the esp8266. I can see that.

I'm very appreciative of the help, but I'm pretty sure the code is not the issue.
    I say this because the code hasn't changed between it working and not working.
    I've started with the code from the example provided by gordon that on day one worked perfectly but now the exact same code has the same error as all the other codes:
    http://www.espruino.com/Pixl.js+Multicol­our#esp8266-wiring

@allObjects I have tried your code but I do believe it's not for the Pixl.js (correct me if I'm wrong) and Wifi.at.debug() was not a method in the ESP8266WiFi_0v25 module.

I haven't tried the capacitor which in my mind has the best chance since it's a hardware fix.

Help me understand what could have gone wrong. I'll have to buy a new Pixl.js badge. Are they still available? And brand new ESP8266's and try this whole thing again.... :'-(

@Robin
    'save()' is not affecting anything. Sorry I mentioned it. you can ignore it. I was simply trying to share that it seemed to work for a second or two.

day 1 - working flawlessly for hours. Went to sleep happy.
    day 2 - not working all day (no changes. getting error: "No 'ready' after AT+RST")
    day 3 - still not working all day. I try different things. No go. try one silly thing. It worked. Did a "Save()" then power cycled it (turned it off then on again) it no longer works. Try a bunch of things and cannot get it to connect to ANY network any time any where.

Here's the code:

var WIFI_NAME = "ValidWIfiSSID";
    var WIFI_PASS = "CorrectPassword";
    D9.set(1); // power on
    Serial1.setup(115200,{rx:D0,tx:D1});
    console.log("starting wifi");
    var wifi = require("ESP8266WiFi_0v25").connect(Seri­al1, function(err) {
      if (err) {
        console.log("oh no" + err);
        throw err;
      }
      LED1.write(1);
      LED2.write(0);
      console.log("Connecting to WiFi");
      wifi.connect(WIFI_NAME, WIFI_PASS, function(err) {
        if (err) throw err;

// I don't get past here. I error out

LED1.write(0);
        LED2.write(1);
        console.log("Connected");
        getPrice(); // I get the price of bitcoin and display it.
        setInterval(function (){
            getPrice(); // get it and display it
        },120000);

});
    });

@robin
    1) By "new" I meant the NodeBadge but not from the conference. the one from the espruino shop but that (like we established) has the pins in the correct location for a simple ESP01S to be soldered in easily

2) The Espruino Badge DOES seem to be working perfectly. And I would guess the ESP8266 does two but it just looses power (my guess)

3) I've love to try anything you'd like. I wish I could leave it turned on and open to the public for anyone to run things on it (guess that'll be ver two of the IDE gordon made)
    Just tell me what you'd like me to run and I'll run it.

@gordon Nothing changes.
    1) I had it working perfectly at home.
    2) Went to work (and did "throw" it into my backpack. but it looks fine
    3) tried to connect it to my phone wifi. and it started giving the error. Tried work's wifi same error
    4) Got home (said maybe there's something it likes about home) Same error (no 'reset')
    4a) tried reapplying the solder iron to make sure everything was well connected and I hadn't moved it away.
    5) went to the convention (no password on the wifi). Didn't work
    6) Tried a bunch of different options. debugging debugging. BLAM it starts working. Try it again. still working. "save()"
    7) turn it off and on again. NOPE.
    8) and I cannot get it to work.

I tried lightly pushing it to see if it was slightly off. No good.

@Robin - This is the "new" badget, not the pixl.js with a wifi shield. (I didn't get to that since I was still trying what should have worked)

@allObjects I can try what you suggested with the capasitors. but haven't had a minute to do it.

SO you're suggesting I try this capacitor like there is in this picture?
    https://espruino.microco.sm/api/v1/files­/e671c4ad3f9dbe6c01fe2b33417c5d5656b4a5c­6.jpg

cause it does seem like power is simply shut off all of a sudden.

the Pixl.js works perfectly. I can use it all lights work, backlight LED1 and LED2

I've tried with the with USB plugged with the same result.

I have even tried unplugging the battery and just powering by USB. Same results.

Actions