Member since Jun 2019 • Last active Sep 2021
  • 6 conversations
  • 67 comments

Javascript developer since I was in my 20's and that was a LOOOOONG time ago

Most recent activity

• 5 comments
  • in ESP8266

I'm a little confused Fernando.
    Are you asking for a particular page on the regular espruino page to be updated to what I wrote above?

We can do that because all the pages are available on github and we can simply make a request that they be changed.

Which page is it that you wanted to change?

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Thank you Gordon; That means I'll put the headers then put another module and pins to do the work to figure out the issue. I'm guessing it's me having killed the pads on the pixl.js bottom pins and for the next one I WILL put in headers so I can put in any module and throw out any bad ones.

This is one of the best IoT products ever and I just LOVE to have this on my neck!

@Gordon I'll try that tonight. just got the headers to solder in.

QUESTION: is the pins in the bottom also repeated anywhere else in the board. I then can bodge some wires to see if it's a hardware issue.

I keep insisting it's hardware because it changes even when the code doesn't.

I've ordered another pixl badge and I'll also try this same code with the EspruinoWifi and the LCD board I made the driver for previously. But it's a different library. but we'll prove I guess that the code isn't an issue.

@robin.
    I understand that code. but can't see what it would do. You are essentially asking me to have it wait for the init. then wait 1.5 seconds and then call the method to connect to the internet. Is this correct?

I've tried something similar in that I put the intial call on a timeout of 5 seconds and it didn't help.

plus I'm just wondering why it'll sometimes work (after a couple of days of not working) but only in debug mode.

again. it's no consitant. It's not a save or a reboot or code that changes it. It's just waiting.

@allObjects I think you're talking about the same thing that robin is talking about. Having the system wait a while and then call the request.

I have the system poll the price ever 5 minutes. I tried that every 2 minutes and waited (the 2 minutes) and the second call failed just line the first on the initial bootup.

@robin. the code is the exact same from the example: http://www.espruino.com/Pixl.js+MulticolĀ­our#esp8266-wiring

and doesn't change from working to not working.

NOTICE that the lights SEEM to be on. and I have a feeling that when I get home I'll measure that drop that you DON'T see in the youtube now.

AHHHHHH!!!!
    I hadn't had any time lately (holiday and all) to do all the things you all suggested, but I had to do something. So I thought I'd record the lights. And BLAM it's of course working.
    https://youtu.be/Y5T9Tj9XmiU

OF COURSE UNTIL THE NEXT Day (actually until the next Save() but I don't think that's a factor)

It's dead now
    https://imgur.com/gallery/Ud6wKhX

I've bought 3 more ESP-01s (the ESP8266 modules for this) and I'll buy another badge and solder in some headers instead. I don't want to damage the Pixljs again.

@Gordon is there pins equal to all the required ones in the footer for me to cut the existing ESP module and try on another pins at the top?

Actions