dlashua

Member since Mar 2019 • Last active Mar 2019
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• 9 comments
  • in ESP8266

obviously most of the work that I do tends to be around the boards that make me money

I'd love to be able to use one of your boards for this project. Hell, I'd even be happy if I could use a regular old NodeMCU or something for this project. But, it's all centered around the "reuse" of existing, but not very accessible, hardware.

• in ESP8266

OOOH! The code of wiflash is interesting indeed, but, alas doesn't help me.

Once I flash Espruino to this device, it will not create an access point until I connect to it via serial and enable Wifi, and since I can't connect to it via serial, it will, at that point, essentially be a brick.

read_flash, as @Gordon suggested as well, could possibly work. At the very least I could create a firmware that would at least enable AP and flash that. Then I could use the JS console from there to do anything else I needed. It's not ideal. But.. it's better than nothing.

• in ESP8266

As a second best option, since the Espruino WiFi and, for instance, the Espruino Puck.js have very different capabilities, I assume that, by default, they start up differently on first boot. I also assume this means there are some compile options that change what goes in to the firmware. If I could simply get the flashed ESP8266 to do something like this on boot:

require('Wifi').startAP('EspruinoAP', { password: '0123456789', authMode: 'wpa2' })

And, assuming that would also start the Telnet listener, that would be good enough.

• in ESP8266

Thank you! Not sure how I missed the whole "Other Boards" category on first posting.

Pulling the firmware from an already flashed ESP8266 could work. It just seems like this is something others would have already done already and that there was likely a better way. But I guess not.

I'm a bit shocked, honestly, that no one else has wanted to Flash once for firmware and JS code, vs Flashing, then sending the JS code separately. Especially in the case of anyone who is using multiple devices with the same intent and attached sensors, etc.

Hopefully @MaBe has another solution?

• in ESP8266

New to Espruino... I've searched extensively and apologize if this has been answered already.

I'm using ESP8266 (NodeMCU). After flashing the firmware (v2.01_4MB) there is no access point established by default. Of course I can connect via serial and upload JS that way.

However, I'm testing Espruino to be used with a device that I am unable to connect via serial however I am able to flash firmware using an OTA method (of course, once Espruino is flashed, that OTA method is no longer available). So I'd like to be able to flash the firmware PLUS an initial upload of JS code (similar to E.setBootCode() functionality). Can this be done?

espruino cli tools allow me to minify JS to HEX code. And the non-combined download directory for 2.01 shows an esp_init_data_default.bin which makes me think this is possible. But I can't seem to connect the dots to turn the hex file into something that can be flashed.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Actions