RolandGalibert

Member since Feb 2019 • Last active Aug 2019
  • 1 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Hi Gordon - So is the calibration process just as simple as determining the difference that should be added to the puck temperature reading, and adding that every time you take a temperature, or is it a more complicated? (just FYI the temperature readings I get with my puck are differing from an Elitech logger by about -4 C).
    Many thanks, Roland

Okay, great. That's definitely good to know that the module will be run from flash. I also admit that it's definitely possible 512 kB of memory will be more than I'll ever need. And many thanks for all the other tidbits of information.

Thanks, Gordon. I did eventually see that I was loading the module onto my PC and not the puck, and wound up (kind of) getting things to work. Perhaps you can answer a couple of FYI questions:

1) The general reason I'm doing all these flips and twists is because I'm trying to save as much flash memory as possible, so I was trying to get around saving the module to flash since it would be written to RAM anyway (does that all make sense?) I'm working on a project where the puck will regularly log things like temperature and GPS location over a month, maybe longer, and might not have a connection during that to transfer those measurements elsewhere.

2) Just out of curiosity, if I continue with my crazy idea of writing the module directly to puck RAM, are there some commands to tell the puck that the module code should be in a separate namespace/module (similar (I think) to require("Storage").write("module" ... )

I did get the module to work by using a JavaScript fetch in my PC application to get your code in https://www.espruino.com/modules/GPS.minĀ­.js and write it to the puck, first writing a command "var exports = {}" but it seems that might mess things up if I ever needed to load another module which used exports (or at least exports.connect).

I'm trying to load the GPS module onto my puck.js using the loadModule function at in the "Internet-enabled Espruino" section at https://www.espruino.com/Modules (I'm not using the Espruino Web IDE, but am trying to get things working from a web application I'm running locally on XAMPP).

1) I call the code from my web application, and it seems to load the GPS module, but I get an error "Uncaught ReferenceError: exports is not defined at GPS.js:41"
    2) Is that the correct process? Or should I be writing the code to the puck instead of including it in a file in my web application?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Please disregard my last post, everything's working now. For some reason the string "DATA" in the original code was causing Data[object Object] output; I deleted the string and am now getting good results (thanks for all your help).

A quick question (again, I'm a complete newbie): Why is it important to connect the ground of the GPS module to the ground of the puck? (I did do that, just wondering why it's important : )

Hi Gordon - Thanks, I did have my wires crossed, literally. I think I'm close to success, now in the console I'm getting a steady stream of

Data[object Object]

When I run your debugging solution (last code example in your last post), I do appear to be getting correct data, it's a steady stream of a lot of (JSON?) data, and some of them look like GPS readings. Could you please tell me how to fix the Data[object Object] to make it look more like actual data?

Can I ask if you guys ever resolved this? I'm having the same trouble MobiTech did in the original post.

• My GPS module light is blinking steadily (I assume that's a good thing).
    • I have connected up the battery pack to the module.
    • I also appear to be receiving data on the D29 pin on my puck (I ran the code allobjects posted in his first post, and the puck LED kept flashing and also I got a FIFO_FULL error fairly quickly).
      However, I'm running the code Mobitech has in the first post, and am still getting nothing on my console. Any help would be greatly appreciated (I'm a complete newbie, BTW : )
Actions