jerryn

Member since Jan 2019 • Last active Mar 2023
  • 1 conversations
  • 19 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon 2v11.14 worked! Thank you and don't worry about the issues. I am learning with each step!

• in Bangle.js

Thanks! I was able to reflash the firmware with 2v11..I also tried 2v11.12, but then it just went back to the boot loop.
    It looks like it reboots just a bit too quickly for the IDE or App loader to be able to connect.

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon after the above rest and flash test, I tried to reboot and it as stuck in a boot loop -see attached image. I tried reuploading the firmware. That went ok but it is still in the same boot loop.

I am unable to connect via the web ide or app loader. How can I restore it?

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon Definitely running 2v11. All checks normal.

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon Was the above error message of any help? Is there any other information you would like me to gather while it is in this state. If not, I will wipe it and reload it to see how it behaves.
    I did dump the messages.app.js file and it appears to be corrupted (attached screenshot showing what I think is the corrupted section). I'm new to this (if you haven't noticed ;-) is I may be mistaken, but this looks odd to me and probably explains the error message since the file cannot be properly parsed.

Edited to add: In the future, I think I should turn off "Pretokenise" in the App Loader to make things more readable.

• in Bangle.js

I am hoping that this has been narrowed down to an issue with the IOS messaging. That seems to be the App the starts things going badly.
    I had mine in a really bad state a few weeks ago, but eventually was able to get in via the WEB IDE and delete the corrupted files. It took many tries to get connected, but eventually I think it was just that I had to clear the BLE device from my Mac in order to reconnect. It is nice to be able to recover no matter how confused it gets!

• in Bangle.js

It does still happen when disconnected -- here is the WEB IDE output entering Messages

>
     ____                 _
    |  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
             |_| espruino.com
     2v11 (c) 2021 G.Williams

Uncaught SyntaxError: Got EOF expected '­}'
     at line 31 col 346 in messages.app.js
    ...,showMsgIfUnread:1});},10);
                                  ^
    > 

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon a bit more information. After more than a day of running with tit IOS integration and messages it is starting to act up. Frequently, every few hours, I find the watch in a state where the screen is "frozen" with the "loading" box displayed. I have to reboot it to get it back to working normally. This has happened about 4 or five times so far. Now the clock is working, but I am unable to examine any messages and I am unable get it to begin up the apps listing so I can check on them. Pressing the button starts the "loading" box, but it just disappears without showing my apps. In addition, tapping on the screen does not bring up messages even though it indicates messages are present. It does appear that the IOS integration is causing some issue. Is there anything I should do with it in this state before trying to reload it?
    Sometime it gets bit farther, -- I see the app list, but am still unable to actually do anything with them. it just freezes if I try to access an App.
    Now I find that "double tapping" the button gets me into the App listing, usually, and some Apps respond. About is OK, but selecting Messages just freezes when tapped.

Sorry about the changing comments, but that is how it is evolving...

• in Bangle.js

With the default apps:

Bootloader
    Launcher
    Anton Clock
    Health Tracking
    Settings
    About
    Battery Level Widget
    Bluetooth Widget
    Lock Widget
    Bluetooth ID Widget

It has been running normally for several days

Yesterday, I added
    IOS integration and messages — paired with iPhone

It has been running OK for about 15 hours.... I'll give it another day or so before adding another app.

• in Bangle.js

yes regarding 2v11
    I will try adding more apps aver the next few days and see if I can trigger the failure again.

I have seen a few failure modes. Many time int just reloads the default apps, but there have been time when it just stopped at the first screen and would not boot at all. I realize this is not overly helpful without better information. I'll try to capture it better if I can get it to recur.
    Should I continue post to this thread or would you prefer i start a new one when I have something to share?

Actions