BobFrankston

Member since Jan 2019 • Last active Feb 2019
  • 3 conversations
  • 21 comments

Most recent activity

• 8 comments
  • in General

[I thought I had posted this earlier]

What's strange is that after I replaced the cell the flashing lights program I left in it sort of worked, though the colors seemed a bit off. But I didn't see it show up in the list of Bluetooth radios in the IDE. No big deal, just an FYI. That's what I get for carrying it around as a demo of what one could do with JavaScript for IoT. (related to the ECMA TC53 effort which Espruino might want to join)

• in General

For now, buying a new one seems like the safest solution ... to the problem of having in a solution.

• in General

Yes, the Puck via Adafruit. And, yes, they are far too conservative about it. Don't know if you can do anything -- just a mild observation.

It's a replacement for my existing puck which almost works after being through the washing machine. But the Bluetooth radio being a casualty.

• in General

While the 2032 and other batteries cost much less than a USD the prevent shipping via USPS and thus wind up costing $10. It should be possible to buy devices without the battery.

• 6 comments
  • in General

I agree that making the IDE cloud-dependent would be good but it would be nice to have a reconciliation option as I do with Visual Studio Code. In fact I'd really like to use VSC as my IDE but when I tried it appeared that the implementation wasn't complete.

• in General

Actually, the problem is that the native IDE and the Web IDE don't share the settings. I had set it in the web IDE. I had also have to check Set Current Time in the native IDE. The reason I didn't realize that at first is that apparently, the PIXL remember the year from before so it wasn't obvious it wasn't updating the information.

• in General

When I download using the Web (Chrome) IDE the timezone offset is correctly set to EST (-5) but when I use the Windows IDE it is set to zero.

Actions