Kartman

Member since Sep 2018 • Last active Oct 2018
  • 2 conversations
  • 36 comments

Most recent activity

• in Other Boards

I’ll try that tomorrow. Should the busy flag be reset in the send fail condition?

• in Other Boards

I'm thinking your code expects an "OK" from the AT+QISEND. This doesn't happen. The sequence should be:
    AT+QISEND 0,365\r\n
    response is \r\n>[space]
    send data
    response is \r\n SEND OK\r\n

Thus the current send function in QuectelBG96.js is borken. My current thought is there was a timing issue with the way the original code handled send but it worked most of the time. Adding extra time probably 'fixed' this. On top of this, sometimes there seems to be a discrepancy between the length of data we think we send and what the BG96 thinks it got - I've yet to narrow down on this. Setting flow control seems to help.

• in Other Boards

The forum gobbled my space - it must've thought it was a html tag, so yes, there is a space after the >

My guess is the listener for the > is not firing.

• in Other Boards

I've just tried rev 251 to see what happens. The code sends the AT+QISEND, the module responds with the \r\n> and then 1 second later, the code sends AT+QICLOSE

• in Other Boards

I've issued the command AT+IFC=2,2 to enable flow control. This seems to have made a difference. No hard evidence yet, as the defect only happens occasionally.

• in Other Boards

A new day and a fresh perspective! I've hooked up the logic analyser and what seems to be happening is that the BG96 isn't receiving enough bytes only sometimes when doing the QISEND. It's expecting 536 bytes and we send around that amount. When it fails, it doesn't give the SEND OK until the next command comes along, which in my case is around 1 second later. That command fails as it gets gobbled up as data. What I am not sure of is which end is at fault. I'll hook up the CTS line to the analyser to see if the module wants us to stop or if the espruino code is not always sending what it should.

• in Other Boards

It doesn’t work even with small packets! It looks like it gets out of sync by one line.
    I’m currently using the previous code with an extra timeout. This works around 80% of the time. I’ve soldered some wires onto the rxd and txd to the bg96 and will get some logic analyser samples. This should give us some hard evidence. I should be able to post some pix tomorrow ( my time).

• in Other Boards

The horizontal members are most likely groundplane and not radiators. I gather the antenna was to be ultimately installed outdoors, so with any significant distance the loss of the coax becomes a consideration. Thankfully, with the advent of WiFi, the demand for cheap low loss coax was created and we got the likes of LDF400 that have significantly better performance than RG213 and also means we don't need to work with Heliax. (if you don't know what heliax is - Google it and compare the loss between RG213/LDF400 and Heliax at 800-900MHz)

• in Other Boards

I think I'm going to have to use the logic analyser to get some hard evidence as to what happens with the send function.

Actions