tkamen

Member since Sep 2018 • Last active Oct 2018
  • 1 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

@Gordon Correct, it's just the bare board without anything connected to it (other than the usb cable of course). When I connected it to my coworkers computer it did the exact same thing. I tried it on my wife's macbook air last night and also did the same thing. Thus far I have also tried four different micro-usb cables. The only thing I can think of is to try it on a Windows or Linux machine as the only common thing so far has been OSX. I'll try on a Windows machine today and will report back.

If you're willing to send a replacement unit I'd gladly accept, but I understand this is a very strange occurrence and one that you haven't seen before so the possibility of user error exists. Though I'm pretty sure i'm following all the steps correctly ;)

@Gordon sadly nothing has worked so far. First I restarted my machine and used a brand new micro-usb cable with no success. Then I tried flashing the device using stm32loader.py and received the exact same behaviour. 1v96-1v99 do not work in different ways, but 1v95 still works perfectly.

I then tried flashing from a co-workers Macbook pro using the IDE and had the exact same result. Really strange behaviour indeed.

Thanks for the suggestions. I saw the logo screen with correct version displayed on 1v98 before the terminal was flooded with those messages. I wasn't able to connect on 1v99.

I will try again with a new cable, hopefully that will solve the problem.

I just received my first Espruino Wifi which originally had 1v88 firmware. The device worked fine, I was able to connect to it and upload commands using the Espruino IDE on my Macbook pro without issue.

I tried updating to the latest (as of this post 1v99) and noticed extremely odd behaviour. My system would freeze up every five seconds for a period of 1-2 seconds, repeatedly unless the device was disconnected from USB. Additionally the Espruino IDE could no longer see the device on the connect screen.

I then tried downgrading the firmware to 1v98. I successfully downgraded, and no longer had the freezing issue. I was able to connect to the device in the IDE, but then when connected the terminal was flooded with the repeating messages over and over making it unusable.

Uncaught undefined
    Execution Interrupted
    Uncaught undefined
    Execution Interrupted
    Uncaught undefined
    Execution Interrupted

I tried clearing the device to ensure no programs were running on it using the steps outlined in the troubleshooting docs in the section Espruino stopped working after I typed save() which unfortunately didn't help. I then tried downgrading firmware to 1v97, and 1v96 each of which did what 1v99 and 1v98 did respectively. I finally tried 1v95 and that worked as expected without issue.

Does anyone have any insight into what's happening here? I couldn't find anything any forum post with a similar issue.

Actions