larry

Member since Sep 2018 • Last active Dec 2018
  • 1 conversations
  • 9 comments

Most recent activity

• in ESP32

@DrAzzy, ok I'll try your suggestion!

But I think I changed my mind about in which situation I use Espruino! : I'm not an expert in Microcontroller Stuff and Espruino give me a "so easy way "to play with, but in the case of Lora & LoraWan stuff, I will use the traditional way (I've discovered that VisualStudioCode IDE has an Arduino extension, pretty cool).

Before doing this, I have ordered an Espruino Pico and, magically, there is no more Serial problems ! but nothing is listed on the "data" board on my personnal TTN console, but it's another problem (maybe I'm too far away from the next Gateway...)

I use your excellent board to connect the RN2483, it's very nice job, but I think I underestimate the soldering part ! I finally done , but it's not so easy!

Anyway, I'm continuing doing projects with Espruino and it's so cool to doing this in JavaScript !

• in ESP32

Hi all

I'm trying to setup an serial connexion to the RN2483A to achieve an LoraWan test with TTN, like this exemple on Espruino site with no result. I've connect TX/RX from @DrAzzy plate to RN2384A TX/RX, power and try :

var RN2483 = require("RN2483");
    Serial2.setup(9600, { tx:D17, rx:D16 });
    var lora = new RN2483(Serial2);
    lora.getStatus(function(x){console.log(x­);});

and get this result:

{ "EUI": undefined, "VDD": NaN, "appEUI": undefined, "devEUI": undefined,
      "band": undefined, "dataRate": undefined, "rxDelay1": undefined, "rxDelay2": undefined, "rxFreq2_868": undefined }

So I'm trying first to get some console.log from the Serial2 on this ESP32 MCU board .

I wired GPIO16 and GPIO17 and try this :

Serial2.setup(9600, { tx:D17, rx:D16 });
    Serial2.on('data', function(data) {
      console.log('Serial2: ', data);
    });
    Serial2.print('/// Hello UART ///');

Well... with no result too :(
    Does someone succeed in this project?

• in Porting to new Devices

@Gordon, ok, now I understand that LoRaWan is built on top of transmit/receive stuff that is already available.

Well, from now, as I've ordered some RN2483A at this place, with some cool plates made by @DrAzzy, I'll first try implementing loraWan to TTN with Espruino !

• in Projects

Alright, it's noted ! - I've ordered all parts for doing some test like your's, I'll investigated too.

• in Projects

@allObjects , I've read (maybe not so carefully) your example code.
    I understand that you are doing node-to-node (no loraWan protocole) communication with 2 RN2309A modules.
    My question is, how can the receiver module knows that is listen to your emitter module ? I mean, wath's happen if another guy in your neighbourhood start sending "lora"message too ?

I'll read this pages, sometimes I've get lost in Espruino documentation :) , internals page sound very interesting !

@allObjects, yeah cool!, I'll purchase the DrAzzy's stand alone plate for the RN2483 as I use to solder stuff for my crappy projects (I mean sometimes). I've seen your test fields from the RN2309A module, I'll try to do the same way but with an SMA antenna and a node connected to the The Things Networks. Hopefully, some geeky guys have setup gateways here in Paris.

@Robin, thank's mate, I'll follow you links concerning the use of the RN2483 module , but I think the things I wanted is in the official repo , where some .md file explain the core concept, where I'm afraid, I must learn how to program in C/C++ before start anything else ! (far, far away from my JavaScript skills)

Hope coming soon to talk about my test

thank's a lot folks, Espruino Rocks!

hello all,
    Concerning Lora Module compatible with Espruino, I take this post opportunity to ask fews questions.

My goal : use Lora module hardware and LoraWan to connect my nodes running Espruino to The Things Network gateways or later to a private network, like a gateway builded with my friend RasperryPi + openSource Lora server.

Actually Only the RN2483 module has a Espruino "driver" to achieved this (lora.LoRaWAN(.....) ). But , after long researches, I'm afraid I can no more order this device (Chinese online store, googleing....). I presume this piece of hardware is to old ?

On the other hand, the SX1276 can be found, I'll say , easily, but there no driver implementation for create a loraWan "communication?!".

My questions :

• Do you guys, have a secret links to order the un-reachable RN2483 868Mhz for EU ?
    • @Gordon when you say

"... so nothing would stop someone else from making a JS module that
    implemented LoRaWAN"

how can I try to achieve this?, I mean, from a webdev guy, rather JS than C/C++ skills like I am, well, I don't know where to start learning "how to convert C/C++ code to Espruino Module". there a "Writing and Submitting Modules" on this site, but , from my poor skills, it's not enought reading to understand the magic of how Espruino interpreter works to drive microcontroller chip.

A word for my first message on this forum :
    What you've done at Espruino team and clever forum user with JS on MicroController is HUGE !!, coming from near zero skill in C/C++ , i've tried small sketch with Arduino IDE & ESP - with Espruino i've tested nearly all thing I wanted to do so quikly. I meanly use esp8266, but I've just purchase an Puck.js to contribute to this excellent project, I'm sure I'll find cool things to do with.

wizzz

Actions