larry

Member since Sep 2018 • Last active Jun 2019
  • 2 conversations
  • 12 comments

Most recent activity

• in Projects

That sound more than great, I'll try some custom firmware when I'll get some times. Excellent job, it's impressive!

• in Electronics

@AkosLukacs, yeah , I've checked before the batteries, I think they are not dead, (3.4V for all).

@MaBe, @Gordon , let's try your recommendations, I've found a seller from France on Ebay, very soon I'll tell you if I finally manage to load my batteries.

Thank's a lot!

PS: you'r right Gordon, I wanted some batteries with a protection circuit, I hope I'll use then when I'll receive the charger you and Mabe propose.

• in Electronics

Hello all

I've nearly finish an awesome project with Espruino Pico ;-) ... Now, to get this project as small as possible I've bought some small single cell Lipo batteries (450mAh - 800mah - 1200mah ) for tests.

But now I really don't know what king of charger I do need for this.

I've bought this one, but nothing happens when in plug one of my battery . I know I have to be carreful with this king of batteries, and all I can find, I mean, what I've found is mostly online ressources speaking about multiple cells for drones...

thank's for your advices

• in ESP32

@DrAzzy, ok I'll try your suggestion!

But I think I changed my mind about in which situation I use Espruino! : I'm not an expert in Microcontroller Stuff and Espruino give me a "so easy way "to play with, but in the case of Lora & LoraWan stuff, I will use the traditional way (I've discovered that VisualStudioCode IDE has an Arduino extension, pretty cool).

Before doing this, I have ordered an Espruino Pico and, magically, there is no more Serial problems ! but nothing is listed on the "data" board on my personnal TTN console, but it's another problem (maybe I'm too far away from the next Gateway...)

I use your excellent board to connect the RN2483, it's very nice job, but I think I underestimate the soldering part ! I finally done , but it's not so easy!

Anyway, I'm continuing doing projects with Espruino and it's so cool to doing this in JavaScript !

• in ESP32

Hi all

I'm trying to setup an serial connexion to the RN2483A to achieve an LoraWan test with TTN, like this exemple on Espruino site with no result. I've connect TX/RX from @DrAzzy plate to RN2384A TX/RX, power and try :

var RN2483 = require("RN2483");
    Serial2.setup(9600, { tx:D17, rx:D16 });
    var lora = new RN2483(Serial2);
    lora.getStatus(function(x){console.log(x­);});

and get this result:

{ "EUI": undefined, "VDD": NaN, "appEUI": undefined, "devEUI": undefined,
      "band": undefined, "dataRate": undefined, "rxDelay1": undefined, "rxDelay2": undefined, "rxFreq2_868": undefined }

So I'm trying first to get some console.log from the Serial2 on this ESP32 MCU board .

I wired GPIO16 and GPIO17 and try this :

Serial2.setup(9600, { tx:D17, rx:D16 });
    Serial2.on('data', function(data) {
      console.log('Serial2: ', data);
    });
    Serial2.print('/// Hello UART ///');

Well... with no result too :(
    Does someone succeed in this project?

• in Porting to new Devices

@Gordon, ok, now I understand that LoRaWan is built on top of transmit/receive stuff that is already available.

Well, from now, as I've ordered some RN2483A at this place, with some cool plates made by @DrAzzy, I'll first try implementing loraWan to TTN with Espruino !

• in Projects

Alright, it's noted ! - I've ordered all parts for doing some test like your's, I'll investigated too.

• in Projects

@allObjects , I've read (maybe not so carefully) your example code.
    I understand that you are doing node-to-node (no loraWan protocole) communication with 2 RN2309A modules.
    My question is, how can the receiver module knows that is listen to your emitter module ? I mean, wath's happen if another guy in your neighbourhood start sending "lora"message too ?

Actions