Melonator

Member since Jul 2018 • Last active Aug 2018
  • 2 conversations
  • 12 comments

Most recent activity

• in Other Boards

Cool. Thanks for the suggestions!

• in Other Boards

On another slightly related track, Once I get values and store them to the RuuviTag, is there a way to move them to the internal storage of the raspberry pie? Or does the Espruino IDE have the capability to store data locally?

• in Other Boards

Thanks a lot, that really helps!

• in Other Boards

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'm having a problem combining two Espruino/JavaScript concepts on my RuuviTag sensor beacon and I was wondering if anyone here had any insight into the matter.
    Basically, I'm trying to use a variation of the program on this web page: [https://lab.ruuvi.com/temp-logger/]

But I'm trying to modify it so that I can store a lot more values by lowering the precision and storing values that take up less space in the RuuviTag memory.
    For that purpose I found this Espruino method which supposedly lets you store sensor reading as 8 bit integers instead of 32 or 64 bit floats: [https://www.espruino.com/Data+Collection­]
    Here is what I have right now:

const period = 1000; // milliseconds (every 30 minutes)
    const length = 10; // number of records (for 100 hours / 4 days)

var ruuvi = require("Ruuvitag");
    var records = new Int8Array(length);

function log() {
      ruuvi.setEnvOn(true);
      if (records.unshift({time:getTime(),temp:ru­uvi.getEnvData().temp}) > length){
        records.pop();
      }
      ruuvi.setEnvOn(false);
    }

function getData() {
      records.forEach( function(d,i) {
        console.log(i+"\t"+ d.temp +"\t"+ (getTime()-d.time));
      });
    }

ruuvi.setAccelOn(true);
    setInterval(log, period);

When I upload and run this code it says this over and over:

in function called from system
    Uncaught Error: Function "unshift" not found!
     at line 2 col 15
      if (records.unshift({time:getTime(),temp:ru­uvi.getEnvData(...
                  ^

And when I type the getData() command into the left side while the program is running I get this:

in function called from system
    >getData()
    0	undefined	NaN
    1	undefined	NaN
    2	undefined	NaN
    3	undefined	NaN
    4	undefined	NaN
    5	undefined	NaN
    6	undefined	NaN
    7	undefined	NaN
    8	undefined	NaN
    9	undefined	NaN
    =undefined

Am I missing something about the code? Or is it harder than I think it is to log values that take up less space in the memory? I don't see any reason why the unshift function would not be found. If unshift won't work for this type of operation, is there something else that will?

• in Other Boards

Perfect! Thanks a lot!

• in Other Boards

Hello there,

I'm having an issue using Espruino Web IDE on a Raspberry Pi with the RuuviTag sensor. When I upload some code I found online to run the sensors on the RuuviTag device I get a screen that looks like the attached screenshot. It kind of looks like it isn't finding the necessary library. Does anyone know how to get past this issue?

Actions