user91203

Member since Jun 2018 • Last active May 2020
  • 6 conversations
  • 19 comments

Most recent activity

• in Interfacing

Yeah, I've done a simple one before. It's just a Docker image. And you build off their base images.
    The main issue, I think, as you raised on that GitHub issue, would be working with Bluetooth, but I haven't looked into it yet.

• in Interfacing

I was thinking of setting up Espruinohub so that send BLE stuff (eg temperature from Puck JS) into Home Assistant. I was wondering if anyone has already tried running it as a Home Assistant add-on? If not, maybe I'll give it a go and see what happens...

• 7 comments
    • 4 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Sorry for @ing you twice in a row. I'll try not to make habit of it.

• in Bangle.js

Hi @Gordon.

What's up with the whole "Web Bluetooth only works over HTTPS" thing? Obviously that totally sux for development, as people have to develop straight on Github.
    I was thinking that there must be a way to develop locally, so I was planning on making a Docker image with a web server that creates a self-signed certificate, to see if that works.
    I initially tried it over plain HTTP though and I was surprised that I could connect to my Bangle.

Is that expected? What would you expect to not work?
    Where does it say that Web Bluetooth only works over HTTPS? From my small amount of duckduckgoing, I can only find that you said it once in a workshop that you did... :S

I think if people were able to just clone the repo and run it locally it would make things way simpler.

Thanks.

• in Bangle.js

Great! Hopefully I'll be able to work on something in the next week or so. Thanks.

• in Bangle.js

Hi. I've got an idea to improve one of the current apps, but I'm not really sure what process is.

Do I just open a PR?
    Do I open an issue first?
    Do I need to discuss with the original developer or, once their app is added, do they not have any more say than anyone else?

Is it ultimatly down to @Gordon if my changes are approved?

Thanks.

Actions