MaNu82

Member since May 2018 • Last active Sep 2018
  • 1 conversations
  • 8 comments

Most recent activity

• in ESP32

Great Gordon!. I would very proud of myself if I were you :-). Unfortunately I can't help in the project at software level since I am not an expert. However I will be happy to help in HW issues if you ever need it (I have +10y in HW development with designs from microcontrollers to microprocessors).

Rgds,
    Manuel.

• in ESP32

Ahhhh ok. With "that I sell" you mean that you are part of the staff who created Espruino (or simply you)? Congrats! :-)

Rgds,
    Manuel.

• in ESP32

Well.... I just read my previous "tought" and was a bit stupid :-(, might be can help a bit but w/o all the C libraries included it doesn't make much sense...

Sorry!

• in ESP32

Hi again,

I just discovered this link:

https://www.espruino.com/InlineC

Does it work for ESP32 port? Wouldn't solve a lot of uncompatibility issues? For example, I also tested "deep sleep" and resets the uP...

Regards.
    Manu.

• in ESP32

Gordon,

in fact my system is permanetely AC powered (I don't need battery backup) and will take the time from internet from time to time so... placing an RTC instead of callibrating a time is just an issue about sloth :P.

Most probably I will use the timer since 1$ for the XTAL was acceptable but extra 2$ is almost the cost of the ESP32...

Rgds,
    Manuel.

• in ESP32

Thanks to all,

well, I asked just in case and trying to learn but none of the issues seem to be 100% crucial, I mean I have already programmed most of the code really quickly so and now that I know how powerful is JS I am not going back to C. Regarding to the issues:

1. Finally I can make all the "regular" timming work only using SetTime & GetTime.
    2. I would like to use the internal RTC so I will try to do the config in C, test it and copy/paste registers. If doesn't work I will consider to place an external RTC or just measure the offset and calibrate a non precisse timer.
    3. As Wilberforce said DNS names are not the only way to identify nodes so I guess I will find another way: MAC, broadcasting, or something else.

Regards,
    Manuel.

• in ESP32

Thanks Gordon,

I see, I see... peek and poke seem to be very powerful since you can access the SFRs the only issue, I have been exploring for 3 hours, is that the reference manual (my opinion) is poor documented: bit fields are not enough explained, names of registers and bit fields are not clear (they change on different paragraphs), there are no examples, etc. So it is quite difficult to configure the peripherals. I have done this kind of before with other processors in Linux (mainly Freescale i.MX) but those RM have >5K pages and all is clearly documented. I guess the best way is understand how to configure the peripherals is to study the esp-idf framework: much more work than reading a RM :-(.

I will keep testing.
    Rgds!

• in ESP32

Hi,

I have designed a circuit based on ESP32 and now I am learning Espruino: I am mainly a HW guy and bored of C programming for uC... I decided to learn a high level languaje. Obviusly zero previous experience in JS.

My first impressions are really good: quite easy to deploy a webserver for example. But on the other hand I have found some difficulties around how get the control of some peripherals. I hope someone can give a me hint on:

1. I only find timers examples for delays (SetInterval()). Is there any way use a timer as counter rather than "SetTime" to 0 and "GetTime" when something happens?. Moreover, on this way I can use only one of the 5 HW timers at the same time... :-(.
    2. How can I access to the RTC ? How can I configure external clock ?. I would like to "place" precisse alarms instead of calibrate the clock from time to time.
    3. Really there is no way to change the WiFi DNS name when connected as client? Then.... what is the usual procedure to identify several clients from the server?

Thanks!
    Manu.

Actions