OpenSourceTeacher

Member since Jan 2018 • Last active Jan 2018
  • 2 conversations
  • 6 comments

Most recent activity

• in ESP8266

Ah, that would completely make sense that the IDE loses connectivity, in that case. Thanks for solving the mystery!

• in ESP8266

That command works, in that it turns on the on-board LED, but after issuing that command, the entire board is unresponsive from the IDE.

• in ESP8266

It's a bare ESP-01 module in a programmer adapter. No wiring, no code.

• in ESP8266

v1.95

• in ESP8266

I'm not able to use pin D1 on my ESP8266 ESP-01 module. It's hooked up to the on-board LED, and I'd like to use it as a status indicator, but any attempts to read from or write to that pin cause Espruino to crash. All the other pins are working properly.

Is this pin unavailable since it's connected to something else internally? Am I forgetting something simple?

To reproduce the issue, simply connect to the blank ESP-01 and run

digitalWrite(1,0);

• 2 comments
  • in Projects

I've built on the PuckJS media controller, to add some functionality. I've published it to a github repo and thought I'd share my progress. It will do different things, based on the click duration and orientation of the device.

https://github.com/jptrsn/Puck-JS/blob/mĀ­aster/media_control.js

disconnect: click and hold, > 2 seconds
    connect to last device: click < 2 seconds when disconnected
    connect to PC's bluetooth ID (for updating firmware, etc): click > 2 seconds when disconnected

play/pause: short click
    next track: longer click, right-side-up
    prev track: longer click, upside-down
    volume up: click and hold while rotating from upside-down to right-side-up
    volume down: click and hold while rotating from upside-down to right-side-up

My original intention was to use the puck's axial rotation (think rolling the puck along a surface while pinching between finger and thumb), but couldn't determine whether the device was moving clockwise or counter-clockwise. This means that you'll need to use radial half-rotations to control volume one increment/decrement at a time.

This is mostly a test of how to incorporate the puck's sensors into a usable UI in its most minimal form. Hope others find something useful here!

Actions