Abhinav

Member since Dec 2017 • Last active Jan 2020
  • 8 conversations
  • 40 comments

Love Esp

Most recent activity

• in Projects

This topic is moved from here

I am inspired by one of the topic but very very old (4 years) to flash espruino on cheap fitness tracker.

Goals are:
    1 - Hack something.
    3 - Get know how about nrf software, SDK, softdevice, application etc.
    2 - To learn the flashing process using DFU and SWD programmer (ST-Link v2, J-link ) or OpenOCD with raspberry pi.
    3 - To have some fun

Since I already have a microbit so I think that fitness tracker is sharing the same SOC as the mBit.

I found one ebay listing for such fitness tracker using nRF51822 32 KB ram 256 KB flash. Ordered and yet to arrive.

I googled for more information available in the advertisement and found that I may be a clone on V07 SPORT BP Heart Rate Tracker. Searching on the same on FCCID found this.

So assuming this is the same as in the image, I can open the tracker with just 4 screws, so no cut & open.

I can see 5 pads in a line, center of the PBC. Last 2 are SCLK and SWD. So this would be the SWD pads where my programmer will connect.

I am still not clear about the display type and controller.. Serial (SPI/I2C/) or Parallel (8 or may be 16??)

I will post more updates soon.

Abhinav

• in Bangle.js

@fanoush

Yes!! you are correct. Moving this topic to another category.

• in Bangle.js

Honestly I am very much inspired by @Gordon by reading this post.

I am not sure how far I will go but just wanted to do until my BangleJs arrives.

• in Bangle.js

@AkosLukacs, sorry about your watch and lcd. But thanks for information.

I am pretty much new to the business so I will take my chance in coming time.

However I just ordered a nRF 51 based (at least seller claims) fitness tracker as a starting point and let’s see how it goes.
    32/256 ram/rom.

Hear is the eBay listing

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=­https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm­%2F164001458274

I hope that the DFU via nRF connect will not work straightaway and I will brick my device in first attempt. :)

Then I will try to cut open the tracker and use my rpi zero w to flash Espruino.

• in Bangle.js

@AkosLukacs thanks for suggestions. Just wondering if you have any plans to flash your DT28 in coming days?

• in Bangle.js

Great!! thanks!

• in Bangle.js

@fanoush, excellent explanation!!

Looking various device options suggested in that post, I am really impressed with DT28 watch with its round display and also the nRF chipset used.

So I really want to try flash espruino on Dt28 (via SWD as it is only option).
    So what do I need to compile espruino for DT28? a new board.py file? What about the GPIO pin out for board file? Is is same as F18?

Thanks

• in Bangle.js

Excellent work @JumJum. I really enjoyed a lot you work. Chart looks amazing :)

Actions