n00b

Member since Aug 2017 • Last active Dec 2017
  • 6 conversations
  • 19 comments

Most recent activity

• in Interfacing

@allObjects That's awesome that you made your version! I'm dying to get back to the project, but still can't touch it until next week (if only I can do this all day everyday :)). I'll give it a shot, first reimplementing the interrupt setup and handling with my code to learn, and give your 'module' a try. I'd really be interested in comparing the perf of setInterval with your implementation. I moved to a NodeMCU esp8266 for a fuller build (with 3d printed chassis) - putting Date().ms comparison at the start and the end of my scan routine with setInterva of 50ms gives me ~50ms so no hit, but when I moved to try on ESP32 (for more pins) I get 150ms. Could this be also because of I2C performance difference?

Anyway, thanks so much, will try and report back.

• in Interfacing

BTW user81779 is also me (N00b) - replied using another pc with cookie with that one (aargh)

• in Interfacing

Thanks so much! I’ll give it a try. If I can drive the display via port expander, then I can use regular SPI (hw or sw) for nRF24.

• 4 comments
  • in Interfacing

Looking at the datasheet, seems like I need to setup the expander's interrupt pin. How can I do that? Is it by writing via I2C? I'm afraid a lot of these hardware concepts is flying over my head :) Here's how I wire up the expander, espruino, and the matrix (omitting some details such as I2C pullup resistors, power, and gnd):

• in JavaScript

Does that mean I need to start the CLI in a path that has "modules" folder? e.g. \projects is where .js file is, and modules is in \projects\modules?

Thanks!

• in Interfacing

Is it possible to use ports from an expander to do software SPI or I2C? My scenario involves driving a MAX7219 display or NRF24L01 via the expander.

Thanks!

• in Interfacing

Thanks for the detailed explanations. Seems like since I have the row and column scanning routines already, the remaining thing to do is set up the interrupt. Will this work like a switch? So if I connect INTA to say B13 on espruino, do I simply setwatch B13 and anytime button is pressed on the matrix an event will fire? Or do I need to set up something between the expander GPIO and the INTA?

Much appreciated!

Actions