Isaac.s

Member since Aug 2017 • Last active Mar 2019
  • 0 conversations
  • 14 comments

Company director of an Australian startup, founder, inventor and a big fan of wireless networking like Web Bluetooth.

Most recent activity

• in News

Hello @daphtdazz. Thank you for your replying. Almost right. Just edited your version.

Customer uses their preferred BLE device eg phone and wearable device to register.
    Customer does not require to download any mobile apps, and correct uses webpage, then hits the "register device" button and registers their BLE device with your service.
    (Our service maintains a database of UUIDs of bluetooth devices associated with customers- correct).
    Customer enters store with their BLE device ON, the
    POS automatically detects and downloads their details eg photo, name for seamless customer service. No we are not making our BLE devices , no downloadable consumer mobile apps, just a retail pos app. We would love to use your WebBle to detect and display user’s info & photo. I have sent you an email couple of months ago and not sure if it reached you. Here’s my email (iserarbg@gmail.com) and would love to have more thorough discussion. I’ll also email you back my Australian number. Cheers mate.

• in News

Thank you @Gordon for understanding. Like i said in my previous message, our goal is to personalis the user’s BT for an instore customer recognition and seamless service. Just like the old tv show called CHEERS (you go where everybody knows your name) but with tap on your Bluetooth, Hello Gordon welcome back to XYZ store/airport/office/healthcare/ & etc. about the web Bluetooth’s limited features/issues, I hope we find a solution soon or perhaps add web socket for device registration and then hopefully get @daphtdazz’s WebBle to detect and display nearby registered devices. I’d love to work with you and @daphtdazz if possible and find a solution together... we truely want to take the web Bluetooth feature to a whole different level but opportunities are quite limited in Australia just like the re pairing issues hahaha. Thank you, your feedback much appreciated.

• in News

Yes, and that’s correct. We trying to find a one-off solution to capture and register the device info. The constant re pairing/connecting with a page would be difficult for users.

• in News

@Gordon Sorry accidentally deleted my previous message instead of edit. I believe it can be done. If a user is signing up from a desktop version (using web Bluetooth) pairing is ok, all we need is to discover, pair, and associate info. The no pairing takes place at the retailer’s pos tablets/app. It will only be used to detect and fetch associated data with pre registered device id.

• in News

If you are interested to hear more, please feel free to contact me on iserarbg@gmail.com thank you.

• in News

@Gordon and @daphtdazz, Mine apologies for the late response, I’m not a tech savvy company director but waiting for my project manager to give more detailed info for your question. In simple terms, as a user i want a retailer’s pos tablet (eg using WebBle app) to detect my active BLE device and display associated info like my image, name and coupon/loyalty points. Our patented data communication would not require a Bluetooth pairing between my phone and the retailer’s pos tablet. It’s just detecting pre registered and BLE devices with associated info only. The customer’s unique device ID will not be disclosed to any retailer’s inventory back-end system or hardware. What i truely want to achieve is... Instead of IOT let’s think of IOC (internet of customers) and replace QR codes, retail mobile apps into a simple personalised instore service using or one tap on my BLE. So back to my original question, the sign up process is great with web Bluetooth at desktop version (to access and register my device id to retailer’s website) but not sure if the sign up would be simple from mobile version (to register my Ble Device ID).

• in News

Hello @Gordon and @daphtdazz I need your advice please. I’m in the process of building a PWA and need to know if it is possible to add a feature that can retrieve my smartphone’s Bluetooth device ID/ MAC address and associate it with my sign-up page? I’m aware that Web Bluetooth can do from/for a desktop version. Your feedback would be much appreciated, thank you.

• in News

Thank you @Gordon. We are an Australian tech startup that is deeply interested in the Web Bluetooth API with PWA (progressive web app) for our consumers.

• in News

Hello @Gordon, can the web Bluetooth browser/app discover my iPhone or any phone under “AcceptAlldevices”? Thank you.

• in News

@Gordon thank you for the link and yes, you're right... nothing to do with BLE. However some online Australian/American developers forums are interrupting the "beacon" as Bluetooth :(

Actions