Member since Jul 2017 • Last active Jul 2017
  • 0 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

This you-tuber helped me find my error
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUGUXyl­oXQ

• in General

My relay now works fine, defining my pin's mode as an output fixed my issues, I had disabled it with a "//" while exploring other coding options. Note that the LOW pin state makes the relay click.

• in General

I'm now trying to wire the same relay, and am having trouble getting it to click with a 5V digital ouput signal from an Arduino UNO board. Some sources suggest connecting VCC and GND to Board 5V and GND, respectively, while other sources insist an independent 5V power source for relay VCC and GND is needed.....?

When my intended 5V digital output pin(2,4) is 5V, relay is dead.
    When my intended 5V digital output pin 2 is 0V, relay is dead.

I managed to get the relay to click ,(Relay VCC and GND to board 5V and GND), using signal pin TX->1 from the UNO board to Relay IN1.
    When my TX pin is 5V, relay is dead.
    When my TX is approx 2.5V, the relay clicks. Is this relay truly a 5V relay as advertised?

3.3V? I tried powering the relay with UNO 3.3V source, and the relay power LED is still bright, but my UNO's digital output still gets no click, not even while using the TX pin.
    Relay cannot be powered with 3.3V.

I happen to have two UNO boards, and tried both @5V in case I had fried the first, the results were repeatable using both UNO boards.

I'll need to dig deeper into the TX pin's function, to figure out what signal this relay wants to click. It responds to my loop delay, (2sec delay gets a relay click every 2 seconds) My present understanding is that TX is a serial communication pin, which usually teams with pin RX(no click using RX) for I2C, etc serial networking. Does the TX pin push more current than the digital output? Should I try PWM? TBD.....

Actions