Polypod

Member since Jul 2017 • Last active Oct 2017
  • 3 conversations
  • 18 comments

Most recent activity

• in ESP8266

The reversed text is the text printed on the chip, here's a photo comparing to normal text :

• in ESP8266

Great, thanks. I thought it was a hardware defect (mine has alse the text reversed). Just switched to dio, now it works perfectly.

• in ESP8266

@allObjects, Finally you was right. The bug came back, and went away when I used more setTimeOut as you suggested to break the function calls that pile too much. To me, it looks a lot like a lack of memory when piling too many local calls context. More than 10 in my case, i broke up in 5 and 5.

• in ESP8266

Ok, thanks,
    Finally, the bug disappeared for good after removing this line and replacing with for loop : "var mp=tabarray.map(function(e) {print("upCr map",e); index++;print("index",index);e=jp(e); print("upCR map item "+index +" :",e);return e["name"]; })". Maybe map implementation has a problem, or the way I used it. I could not reproduce it in isolation, I still suspect of a call stack problem.
    @Wilberforce, I realize that but, the problem is that the board does not freeze at a specific line but much later, like when I am reading the dht22 sensor.

@allObjects, what do you call 'combination structures' ? I thought the problem was the cpu not the memory. What is so good about the pico ?

• in ESP8266

From E.getFlags(), I only get : { "deepSleep": 0, "pretokenise": 0 }. is it supposed to return something else ?
    I tried disabling wifi, with no change. You suggest combining 2 esp8266 with one only for wifi ? How do you connect them together ?

• in ESP8266

Hi all,
    I started having this error lately on esp8266. It's not triggered by a particular line of code. My code is a bit large to be included here, it makes a data model and read from a sensor.
    It looks like I am doing something that make the esp unstable, but the code continue running to some point where the esp is stressed then the crash happens. I tried another esp8266 board and with v1.94, no change. It's probably my code then. I would like to find the code part responsible for this instability. How to learn more about what happens ?

Any idea how to debug this problem ? is an abuse of callstack a possible cause ?

Polypod

ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,7)
    wdt reset
    load 0x40100000, len 2408, room 16
    tail 8
    chksum 0xe5
    load 0x3ffe8000, len 776, room 0
    tail 8
    chksum 0x84
    load 0x3ffe8310, len 632, room 0
    tail 8
    chksum 0xd8
    csum 0xd8
    2nd boot version : 1.6
      SPI Speed      : 80MHz
      SPI Mode       : QIO
      SPI Flash Size & Map: 32Mbit(512KB+512KB)
    jump to run user1 @ 1000
    rLoading 7436 bytes from flash...

• in ESP8266

Ok, thanks allObjects. It was practical for me as I make a program that will start automatically when I power the esp. I'll continue using save() (or the v1.93.162 for dev), not a big deal.

• in ESP8266

Thanks allObjects,
    This "ERROR: Prompt not detected - upload failed. Trying to recover...", rarely happen, most of the time, the board restart and say it loads, but nothing is really loaded, like in the output I show.

I do not use internet. This is all the code I use, I even did a setBootCode("") before save on send, to be sure. The problem of v1.93 with "not connected to internet" without any code using internet, is mentioned also in the other thread http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­296431/.

Even the print("init") in my code is not executed, how can I catch an event to start my app ?

So you say possibly it's the print that is not working ? Where can the print go ? The same program works fine, prints correctly, when saved with save().

Actions