Ken

Member since Jul 2017 • Last active Aug 2018
  • 3 conversations
  • 16 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Cool, makes sense. That's what I figured but was not sure if I was missing something.
    Also, thanks for the info on Nordic Thingy. I never heard of that one and it looks neat but for me, I'm going to go with the Puck + external accelerometer.

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I already have a couple Espruino wifi boards but am looking to get a Puck due to it's small form factor to use to track a persons movement. Something like a fitness tracker. Would using the magnetometer in the fashion described above allow you to track things like arm motions0 and get values that could be used like an accelerometers x,y,z values?

• 2 comments
  • in Projects

Here's a little Neopixel effects library that has some basic effects that you can string together to make more complex lighting patterns. I needed to add some lighting effects to my daughters Halloween costume so I created this for myself. I hope someone else finds it useful as well. If you have an idea for other effects, just let me know.

https://github.com/jsrocket/espruino/tre­e/master/pixelfx

List of the current effects.

• on
    • off
    • blink
    • fade
    • pulse
    • heartbeat

Example

var pixelfx=require('https://github.com/jsro­cket/espruino/blob/master/pixelfx/pixelf­x.min.js').init(B15, 16);

pixelfx.blink({
          'cnt':2,
          'time_on':10,
          'time_off':10,
          'color':[[50,0,0]], 
          'blink_fx':'sequence'
    }, function(r){

pixelfx.blink({
                'cnt':5,
                'time_on':100,
                'time_off':100,
                'color':[[0,50,0],[50,0,0],[0,0,50]], 
                'blink_fx':'sync'
          }, function(r){ console.log(r); pixelfx.off(); });

});

• in Interfacing

Hey I just wanted to follow up on my thread here. I created a little servo module that allows me to easily adjust the min and max pulses based on the servo I'm using. This way I get the full 0 - 180 degree sweep. It also has a couple features that I wanted like the ability to actively hold a position as well as the ability to stop the servo mid motion.

https://github.com/jsrocket/espruino/tre­e/master/servoxt

Hope it helps someone else. :)

• in General

Yes, that is exactly what I did. Thanks again!

• 10 comments
  • in General

Hey Gordon, Yes it is, thank you! It resolved itself the following day. It must have been something our our ISP.

As for the Offline Mode, I saw that and as soon as I re-connected I turned that on. Nice feature. Thank you. :)

• in General

Oh awesome! Thanks for the tip. Hoping it resolved tomorrow, but if not a trip to the coffee shop may be in order. My copy of "Making Things Smart" by Gordon just came in and I have some things I want to try. :) Again thanks for the tip!

Actions