Ken

Member since Jul 2017 • Last active Oct 2017
  • 2 conversations
  • 11 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

Yes, that is exactly what I did. Thanks again!

• 10 comments
  • in General

Hey Gordon, Yes it is, thank you! It resolved itself the following day. It must have been something our our ISP.

As for the Offline Mode, I saw that and as soon as I re-connected I turned that on. Nice feature. Thank you. :)

• in General

Oh awesome! Thanks for the tip. Hoping it resolved tomorrow, but if not a trip to the coffee shop may be in order. My copy of "Making Things Smart" by Gordon just came in and I have some things I want to try. :) Again thanks for the tip!

• in General

Huh. Unfortunately I still can't access the site or the links you sent and the Web IDE is still hanging. I tried on several computers here and even restarted my modem and router and still nothing. However when I tried over my cell network (not wifi) the site loads. So sounds like it may be something with the ISP or network on my end. Thanks for the reply allObjects.

• in General

I was just using the Web IDE earlier today and everything was fine. However now my Web IDE is not properly connecting & sending code to the board and I can no longer reach espruino.com. I was just wondering if anyone else was having a similar issue?

Also I'm sorry if this is the wrong board for this post. I was not sure where to place it and "news" seemed the closest. If it's in the wrong spot I will move or delete it.

Thank you!

• in Interfacing

Wow, thank you for the detailed description of how servos are controlled as well as the module. You have given me enough to go on and make the adjustments I need to get my servo to sweep the full ~180 degrees. When I get this working I'll post what I have. Thanks!

• in Interfacing

Hey allObjects, you're right. Thanks! Also you were right about the pulse length. I found if I repeatedly called digitalPulse(A0, 1, 0.2) it would rotate fully clockwise and if I did the same with a time set to 3 instead of 0.2 it would rotate the full amount in the other direction.

I'm not sure if that will cause a problem but at least I have a starting point now. Thanks for the tip! :)

• in Interfacing

Right now, I'm powering the Espruino via the USB and have the servo sharing the ground and powered via a separate 5v power supply like the docs recommend.

Below is the code I'm using. It's pretty basic. I was just trying to test out the servo module.

var hat = require('servo').connect(A0);
    var pos=0,t=null;

function sweep(){
      hat.move(pos,500,function(){
        if(pos===0){pos=1;}else{pos=0;}
        t=setTimeout(function(){ sweep(); },1000);

});
    }
    hat.move(0.5);
    sweep();

Actions