Ken

Member since Jul 2017 • Last active Oct 2020
  • 6 conversations
  • 22 comments

Most recent activity

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

Sorry I was actually looking to delete the post. Right after I posted, I realized it was a stupid question and I didn't want to waste anyones time with it. :)

It's still happening and but I can live with it and like you said just work around the failures when they happen.

Sorry about the post.

Has anyone experienced an issue where your HTTP request is never made? The project I'm working on requests some JSON data on a regular basis (60s) from a server. It works the majority of the time but after it runs for a while, it starts to have issues with orphaned requests. I've run this same code against several different servers, hosts, files, etc... both local and remote and still the same issue.

Below I have a simple test and if you let this code run for a while, it will eventually start to trip up. I have it set to call every 5 seconds for this test but Increasing the time between calls does not help. I've had it 20, 30 & 60 seconds and still the same issue.

Beyond it's just my network, does anyone have any thoughts? Thank you!

let timer = null;
    let WIFI = require("Wifi");

function makeRequest(){
      console.log("GET");
      require("http").request({
        "host":"http://www.espruino.com",
        "path":"/",
        "method":"GET",
      }, function(res) {
        res.on('data', function(data) { });
        res.on('close', function(data) { console.log("CLOSED", res.statusCode); });
      }).end();
    }

WIFI.connect(SSID, { password : PWD }, function(err) {
        if (err) {
            console.log("WIFI ERR",err);
            return;
        }
        console.log("Connected to wifi.");
        makeRequest();        

timer=setInterval(()=>{
          makeRequest();
        },5000);

});

Awesome! Thank you!

• 3 comments

I'm trying to setup a temporary open access point and no matter what I do, when I upload it to Flash, the console reports an "Uncaught Error: Password must be at least 8 characters"

WIFI.startAP(####, (err)=>{});

and

WIFI.startAP(####, {  authMode: 'open' }, (err)=>{});

Board Information
    VERSION 2v06
    GIT_COMMIT 21168a2b
    BOARD ESPRUINOWIFI
    MODULES Flash,Storage,heatshrink,fs,net,dgram,tl­s,http,NetworkJS,WIZnet,tv,crypto,neo ...

Has anyone else run into this and have a workaround other than setting a password?

Thanks!

• in Projects

I needed the ability to monitor, update and execute code remotely on my Espruino Wifi so I built a little module to help with that. It gives you the ability to do the following from your web browser without being physically near your device.

Features:

• Get & set variables on your Espruino
    • Execute functions on your Espruino, passing in parameters and getting return values
    • Execute new code or overwriting existing code on your Espruino
    • Listen for events on your Espruino
    • Setup watchers to monitor variables & functions on your Espruino
    • Monitor the connection status of your Espruino
    • Rebooting your Espruino

The repo and readme's are at:
    https://github.com/protoroboticsgit/espr­uino/tree/master/devicerc

Don't worry about having to setup a websocket server either, I have a public one running for fellow Espruino users who want to play around. :)

If you need any of that functionality I hope it helps you out.

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Cool, makes sense. That's what I figured but was not sure if I was missing something.
    Also, thanks for the info on Nordic Thingy. I never heard of that one and it looks neat but for me, I'm going to go with the Puck + external accelerometer.

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I already have a couple Espruino wifi boards but am looking to get a Puck due to it's small form factor to use to track a persons movement. Something like a fitness tracker. Would using the magnetometer in the fashion described above allow you to track things like arm motions0 and get values that could be used like an accelerometers x,y,z values?

Actions