jamesh

Member since Jul 2017 • Last active Aug 2017
  • 2 conversations
  • 6 comments

Most recent activity

• 4 comments
  • in General

Perfect :) and yeah that is a challenge too. My plan for that was to return the custom UUID data in the SCAN_RESPONSE packet - I found this article, the array format for setScanResponse is pretty horrible, I noticed you mentioned you'd log an issue for adding a nicer API, any updates on this?

In the meantime, any tools or references I can look at to help me build a scan response payload? e.g. if I wanted to advertise a custom service UUID with some data

• in General

I see in the docs it mentions there is currently no support for custom UUIDs in setAdvertising, any idea if or when you see this coming?

Bit of a limitation for me at the moment as I would like to advertising some custom data without having to connect.

• in Other Boards

@Gordon worked a treat, thanks! I'm intrigued, how did you apply the fix without me having to update Espruino 🤔 When the tag is flashed are the libs downloaded in the fly?

• in Other Boards

@Gordon brilliant :) I'll give it a try tonight and let you know how I get on. Thanks

• in Other Boards

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the reply (and apologies for not putting this in the right place, wasn't sure where the best place to put it was).

Well I did find this thread and as a result I actually already tried the approach you've suggested but to no avail. The only difference in the other thread is they've got pretty much all the code in onInit as opposed to including Ruuvitag outside i.e.

function onInit() {
          var Ruuvitag = require('ruuvitag');
          Ruuvitag.setEnvOn(true);
          setInterval(function() {
            console.log(Ruuvitag.getEnvData());
          }, 5000);
    }

I will try with exactly the sample you've suggested if you think it would make the difference, however, failing that do you have any other ideas? From the looks of the other thread it seems like it's a limitation from the Ruuvi side?

• in Other Boards

Got some odd behaviour trying to advertise some environmental data from a Ruuvi tag using Espruino. In a nut shell, flashing via web IDE and outputting env data works perfectly fine however as soon as I persist the firmware on the board the readings seem to skew and not change.

Can be reproduced with very minimum code e.g.

var Ruuvitag = require('ruuvitag');
    Ruuvitag.setEnvOn(true);
    setInterval(function() {
      console.log(Ruuvitag.getEnvData());
    }, 5000);

Any ideas what's going on?

Actions