davidhay

Member since Jun 2017 • Last active Aug 2017
  • 4 conversations
  • 18 comments

Most recent activity

• in News

Thanks Gordon - price seemed OK to me - I have some idea of how much work goes into these things. Will look forward to the read!

• in News

Excellent! Where's the eBook option though?

• in Interfacing

Thanks Gordon - will try again & let you know if there are any further issues...

• 3 comments
  • in Interfacing

Hi - getting the following error in EspruinoHub (not sure what the message is that it's choking on yet):

buffer.js:798
        return { type: 'Buffer', data };
        ^

RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
        at Buffer.toJSON (buffer.js:798:5)
        at Object.stringify (native)
        at getStatusText (/home/pi/EspruinoHub/lib/status.js:50:3­7)
        at dumpStatus (/home/pi/EspruinoHub/lib/status.js:59:1­4)
        at Console.console.log (/home/pi/EspruinoHub/lib/status.js:75:5­)
        at getStatusText (/home/pi/EspruinoHub/lib/status.js:45:4­1)
        at Console.console.log (/home/pi/EspruinoHub/lib/status.js:75:5­)
        at getStatusText (/home/pi/EspruinoHub/lib/status.js:45:4­1)
    pi@raspberrypi:~/EspruinoHub $ 

• in ESP32

You could use one of these things: http://www.espruino.com/Order#wifi

Almost too easy... :)

• in General

Ah yes - that's true. Haven't played with the W as yet, but as you say hard to compete with that as a gateway... The puck is in a league of its own though!

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

why not just use one of those USB chargers that supply 5v and plug into the cigarette lighter slot?

• in General

Well, the use case is that I have a puck acting as a sensor (say a movement sensor attached to a door or temperature/light measurement) which is powered by the coin battery and lasts for months/years. I need to send the sensor results to something (a gateway) for further processing and/or recording that may require sending data to a cloud service - it will be powered by mains (or solar). That 'something' needs to have BLE to communicate with the puck as well as whatever other connectivity (eg HTTP) is needed.

A raspberry pi would fit the bill quite well - but so would an espruino powered device with BLE + wifi - and be much simpler to programme!

Attaching the wifi directly to the puck will require more power and negates the advantages of the long life that the puck currently enjoys...

Just a thought...

cheers...

• in General

What about adding bluetooth LE to the Espruino WIFI? That way it could act as a 'relay' for the Puck . (the puck only needs a coin battery whereas the wifi needs something more robust)...

Actions