ConorONeill

Member since May 2017 • Last active Nov 2017
  • 3 conversations
  • 24 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js

Having a repo of UUIDs would be really helpful. I found zero info trying to Google "KuLight" other than the Android App.

That's a brilliant tip re Wireshark!

• in Puck.js

That's definitely not the bulb. Can they re-use URLs like that on eBay for different products?

Ah no, the message at the top of the page is that the original product is gone and they are showing a possible alternative.

I think this is the thing I ordered: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E27-RGB-4-5W-L­ED-Bulb-Light-Wireless-Bluetooth-Control­-Home-Bar-Lamp-Decor/292209739874

• in Puck.js

Running the code connected via Serial-USB shows that it's just an "error: Connection Timeout" happening. Not sure why that would cause such issues for the PC-Puck connection.

Here's what NRF.findDevices returns for that light:

BluetoothDevice { 
        "id": "e1:fb:c1:6b:81:6f random", 
        "rssi": -64, 
        "services": [  ], 
        "data": new ArrayBuffer([8, 9, 75, 117, 76, 105, 103, 104, 116, 3, 25, 52, 18, 2, 1, 6]), 
        "name": "KuLight"
       }

Ah wait a sec, just changing the ID to "e1:fb:c1:6b:81:6f random" did the trick! What does that even mean?

Now happily communicating with the light. Managed to turn it off. Now to figure out the rest of the config settings via the nRF Connect App.

• in Puck.js

Ok this is even weirder. On the off-chance, I decided to try and connect to a Milestone Pod instead. It worked perfectly. So it seems that the lightbulb is doing "something" to mess with the Puck. I'll try and connect a Serial-USB dongle later.

• in Puck.js

findDevices sees the bulb but only when very very close.

I'll check the UART RX pin, thanks! The first general clean-up didn't seem to help.

• in Puck.js

Slightly different on Mac. Again the console freezes but then the IDE says Disconnected and it takes 10-20 seconds before I can reconnect again. The problem only seems to occur when trying to connect. I can do this no problem:

var devices;
    NRF.findDevices(function(d) {
      devices = d;
      console.log(devices);
    }, 1000);

• in Puck.js

Same result if I paste. Console freezes, and then recovers after a few keypresses and gives that <-Serial1 message.

I'm not sure if they are BLE at all. Should that still work?

Going to check Puck itself too. I had some stuff soldered which I removed and I wonder if I've bridged two pads or something.

• in Puck.js

I've been struggling with some basic attempts to connect to a "KuLight" (BT 4.0 RGB LED light from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332254514323)

Any attempt at connecting seems to kill the console connection to the PC. The IDE prompt hangs until I hit Enter a few times and often prints out "<- Serial1" or "ERROR: Prompt not detected - upload failed. Trying to recover"

This is with code as simple as:

NRF.connect("e1:fb:c1:6b:81:6f").then(fu­nction(gat) {
      console.log("Gat: " + gat);
    }).catch(function(e) {
          console.log( "catch caught an error!");
          console.log( "error:", e );
    });

Tried on 1v92. 1v93 and master.

I have no issues communicating with the light using either its own ColorfulLight App or nRF Toolbox.

This is on standalone IDE on Windows 10. New battery etc.

Do I need to setup a hardwired serial connection to Puck to really get to the bottom of it?

Feels like I'm missing something very obvious.

Actions