billsalt

Member since Jan 2017 • Last active Nov 2017
  • 8 conversations
  • 43 comments

Most recent activity

• in Other Boards

Thanks @Gordon - it took some time and sorting to match up the right directory to find the nrf52832.hex that matched with the release (basic 1v94), but sorting by dates managed to do the trick!

• in Other Boards

Hi @Gordon -- I'm looking for a released version 1.94 for the nrf52832. In travis, I can only find the latest version. Specifically, the newest version returns different JSON for NRF.findDevices() and I'm doing some testing where I need the older style. Where do I find that binary?

Thanks!

• in Other Boards

Just an FYI, I used the SWD pins and loaded the nrf52832 hex file and was indeed off to the races.

• in Puck.js

@Gordon:

FYI, from this link:

65535 0xFFFF This value has special meaning depending on the context in which it used. Link Manager Protocol (LMP): This value may be used in the internal and interoperability tests before a Company ID has been assigned. This value shall not be used in shipping end products. Device ID Profile: This value is reserved as the default vendor ID when no Device ID service record is present in a remote device.

• 14 comments
  • in Puck.js

Thanks @Gordon! I applied for my Company Identifier a few days ago; it is in process as well. Note that the specifications state that it is OK to use 0xFFFF while in development.

Is there a good way that I can keep up on improvements/features as they are released, or do I need to lurk on the git repo?

Thanks for all of the help and support and great work, now and going forward! I keep coming across new, fun, and just plain practical use cases for Espruino.

Bill

• in Puck.js

edited: never mind!! @Gordon - the first device in the list (with services: feaa) is the Eddystone UID beacon. Please ignore the rest of the blather and remind me to pull out my HP16 more often to convert decimal to hex...

Hi @Gordon -- Sorry, didn't mean to lecture, but I hadn't understood the question. So I tried looking for my Eddystone UID tag and couldn't see it with the following. Is espruino doing some sort of filtering on manufacturer specific data types?

NRF.findDevices(function(devices) {
      console.log(devices);
    }, 5000);

Below is the output from this code with the puck.js positioned on top of the Eddystone UID beacon (should have RSSI ~ -25 or so). Attached is a screenshot from the nRF Connect app on iOS showing the beacon.

[
      BluetoothDevice {
        "id": "ac:23:3f:22:fe:0e public",
        "rssi": -45,
        "services": [
          "feaa"
         ],
        "data": new Uint8Array([2, 1, 6, 3, 3, 170, 254, 21, 22, 170, 254, 0, 0, 18, 52, 86, 120, 144, 18, 52, 86, 120, 144, 18, 52, 86, 18, 52, 86]).buffer
       },
      BluetoothDevice {
        "id": "40:cb:c0:af:24:b9 public",
        "rssi": -83,
        "services": [  ],
        "data": new Uint8Array([2, 1, 26, 7, 255, 76, 0, 16, 2, 1, 0]).buffer
       },
      BluetoothDevice {
        "id": "27:64:ef:27:26:04",
        "rssi": -81,
        "data": new Uint8Array([2, 1, 27, 11, 255, 76, 0, 9, 6, 3, 9, 10, 0, 1, 11]).buffer
       },
      BluetoothDevice {
        "id": "60:03:08:9b:60:d3 public",
        "rssi": -85,
        "data": new Uint8Array([2, 1, 6, 7, 255, 76, 0, 16, 2, 11, 0]).buffer
       },
      BluetoothDevice {
        "id": "7f:20:81:4f:14:52",
        "rssi": -86,
        "data": new Uint8Array([2, 1, 6, 19, 255, 76, 0, 12, 14, 8, 173, 216, 194, 36, 35, 248, 17, 45, 128, 119, 142, 198, 153]).buffer
       }
     ]

• in Puck.js

Thanks @Gordon. Beacons are by definition non-connectable advertisers, so no need for the .connect :-} Both Eddystone and iBeacon use Manufacturer Specific advertisements, with different Company ID's and, of course, define the advertising payload differently. There are several 'competing' for the beacon standards, but IMHO, iBeacon and Eddystone are the current front-runners by far. Eddystone allows several different types of beacons, ranging from URL to data. I'm using the UID format.

Note that beacons become quite a bit more powerful in Bluetooth 5 with enhanced and extended advertising. I'm hoping you'll be considering potential updates for that support in Nordic's updated Softdevices?

iBeacon info
    Eddystone info

• in Puck.js

Thanks @Gordon -- yes, that will work just fine, but I was hoping for a bit more support. Certainly an 'enhancement request' if you decide to provide specific support for iBeacon and Eddystone scanning. What would be great would be:

NRF.requestDevice({ filters: [{ eddystoneNamepace: '1234567890' }] }).then(function(device) { ... });

Support for iBeacon might be something like:

NRF.requestDevice({ filters: [{ ibeaconUuid: 'B9407F30F5F8466EAFF925556B57FE6D' }] }).then(function(device) { ... });

Actions