barry_b_benson

Member since Jan 2017 • Last active Jun 2019
  • 39 conversations
  • 81 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Hey Gordon,
    The watch went for five days until I implemented the music control function. Then it died in about 10 minutes. I'm estimating the actual battery life is about a week, assuming I check the time about five times an hour. My firmware version is 2.03, which I believe is the newest.
    Also, the battery was completely drained very shortly after the LEDs went dim. Usually I can guess a few culprits for my electronics issues but for this one I'm completely blank.

https://github.com/iamericmin/Time-Machi­ne-Mk.-IV/blob/master/clock_mk4.js Here's the code. I put it in a link to make my response more concise.

I have two seven segment LEDs and five 1206 SMD LEDs, all blue. I know, it's quite a load for the tiny battery. I'm only an amateur so I'm not familiar with the term "duty cycle." I've heard it before but never understood what it was. I just keep all the LEDs on full brightness whenever they are activated. Since it's a watch, they LEDs turn on for about two seconds when a button is clicked. I multiplexed the segments so there's also some fast computation/timing going on too. The button is clicked I think about 5 times an hour, which means the LEDs are activated for 10 seconds an hour, or 240 seconds(4 minutes) a day.

I thought NRF52 modules automatically went to deep sleep?

Hi y'all,
    I have a custom PCB designed for the MDBT42Q module(it's a wristwatch). The whole thing's powered by a 12mm CR1225 coin cell. I've been doing some battery life tests and today was the fifth day on the same battery.

I decided to implement the Bluetooth HID function so that my watch can allow me to control music hands-free. However, after uploading the code and testing things out, the battery died about 10 minutes later. I thought it was because my battery just happened to be low when I added the new function. So I put in a new battery, and it was drained in less than an hour.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I believe there's a reason it's called Bluetooth Low Energy...

EDIT: So I found out the battery's still alive and my smart devices can still connect to my watch. The hands-free control still works. However, none of the LEDs on my watch can light up.

Here's the code I used for the hands-free music control function:

var controls = require("ble_hid_controls");
    NRF.setServices(undefined, { hid : controls.report });

setWatch(function(e) {
      var len = e.time - e.lastTime;
      if (len > 0.3) {
        controls.next();
      } else {
        controls.playpause();
      }
    }, BTN, { edge:"falling",repeat:true,debounce:50})­;

Sorry if things sounded a bit confusing, I'm Korean so English is not my first language.

• in Projects

I made a wristwatch with the MDBT42Q module! Using Espruino makes the whole process so much easier than using say Arduino.

Thanks. I'm buying a couple for a custom PCB I designed, and I was deciding whether I should buy pre-loaded ones from your store or non-official ones from somewhere else. I'm going with the first option :)
    My card got declined a few times and I got it fixed, but now I can't buy it and Paypal tells me "your card was declined too many times." Do you know how long I have to wait?

Hi,
    is it possible to upload the Espruino firmware to an MDBT42Q module(or another NRF52832 device) I bought from somewhere other than the official Espruino store?

Thanks!

• 13 comments
Actions