KenOgami

Member since Jan 2017 • Last active Jan 2017
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

I am an engineer at Bluetooth SIG.

Most recent activity

• in Interfacing

I'm looking into what Nordic has and what functionality it takes care of. I can then give you an idea of what additional APIs the puck would need to support Bluetooth mesh. I am also looking at using an Arduino as an additional node in the network to interface with the puck. There still needs to be some additional code on the puck to negotiate the mesh due to security etc. It may be that all of this is taken care of by the Nordic code and minimal APIs on the puck side are needed.

• 6 comments
  • in Interfacing

Since the Espruino uses a Nordic chip, I am sure that Nordic will or already has code that supports mesh. Can Espruino provide a binary that can be loaded to the puck?

• in Interfacing

Actually, the spec includes a low power node specifically to address this issue. For low power nodes, there is no obligation to re-transmit messages and participate in the mesh network at that level. Low power nodes only need to react and send messages specific to the node. So the additional code for mesh primarily deals with the node provisioning and handling messages at the higher layers of the spec.

• in Interfacing

Can the puck be re-flashed with firmware that supports Bluetooth Mesh?

Actions