BrunoBronosky

Member since Jan 2017 • Last active Jan 2017
  • 0 conversations
  • 2 comments

I've backed all the Espruino Kickstarters because I believe in JS on the µP. However, I've only ever really tinkered with my Puck.js devices.

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Yes! Security please!

I really appreciate how easy it was to give a puck.js to each of my daughters (8 & 9 years old) for Christmas and have them open them and go straight to hacking. Very simple. Very Awesome.

I really appreciate how I was able to pass my puck around the office merely saying "Google this" and introduce "hardware hacking" to a dozen people who expressed an interest in microprocessors but were overwhelmed by where to start.

But now I have a problem. It's become sport for people to send code to my pucks. I'm glad to hear that I can tell them to go buy their own pucks. However, they are hesitant to do so because they see how I am unable to secure my devices from their pranks.

I think it's worth having an official write-up on how to prevent unauthorized pairing.

I don't understand the consequences of the 4 different options Gordon has explained above, or how to implement them.

Actions