solick

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Jan 2019
  • 4 conversations
  • 17 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I changed now back to advertise without casting to string but than i only get integer temperature values...

setInterval(function() {

NRF.setAdvertising({
        0x2a01 : [E.getTemperature()],
        0x2a19 : [Puck.getBatteryPercentage()]  
      });
    }, 3000);

advertises:

/ble/advertise/c1:76:57:2e:39:b7/2a01 : msg.payload : Object
    Objectraw
    0: 0x15

Hi Gordan,

I have the latest firmware just performed an update yesterday:

>process.version
    ="1v94"

No the battery percentage changes nor more precicely it is bouncing aroung a 56 percent

The examples are not that useful, would you mind to give me a better one so that i can adjust it? For instant i didn´t understand how to perform the multi beacon variant (ibacon and eddison) it looks like we should require the modules within the function and that add some more configuraiton within the get() function but i didn´t found out how exactly the signature of this get function should look like.

Kind regards

Lyn

Hi,

i am playing around with the BLE Advertising. It seams to be a little bit unstable.

First: When connected to the Web IDE, Advertising don´t work at all for me. You need to disconnect to test it. Is this by design or a bug?

Second: Button Press is not catched precisely.

i use the following code:

var pressCount = 0;
    setWatch(function() {
      pressCount++;
      NRF.setAdvertising({
        0xFFFF : [pressCount]
      });
    }, BTN, { edge:"rising", repeat:false, debounce:50 });

Setting repeat to true causes on some pucks to repeatingly advertise the counter, on others to only adverstise the counter when button is pressed.

Third: Different Intervals

I set two advertisements within an interval of 3 seconds but the information are advertised in different intervals:

setInterval(function() {
      NRF.setAdvertising({
        0x2a01 : [String(E.getTemperature())],
        0x2a19 : [String(Puck.getBatteryPercentage())]  
      });
    }, 3000);

Temperature is advertised every 3s but BatteryPercentage every 1-5 seconds (this vary a bit).

Does anyone has some ideas?

Kind regards

solick

Hi yes, we have the new BLE5 Pre Eval Kit from Nordic and will start first testing with Mesh in 1-2 weeks. If you like i can keep you updated.

I think there is a hell of opportunities with BLE Mesh. And if the pucks would fit into a heterogen mesh topology the use cases for them will increase.

Hi Gordon, there are Firmware Updates including mesh functionality from Nordic. Maybe the firmware for the pucks could also be updated for BLE 5 mesh?

@Gordon, the power supply seems to have been the problem. Now it works!!

@Gordon sorry for my late reply was very busy during the last weeks. I need to check OS but it is from September last year I think. hub software updated for the last trial.

pi3 is connected via ethernet I need to check the power supply and will come back to you.

Thanks for hints and kind regards

Lyn

• 4 comments
Actions