user71773

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Jan 2017
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• 11 comments
  • in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I did put an s at the end of services when I wrote the code in espruino, it was just miss-typed in my post so that's not the issue. Or are you saying I need to put ** either side of the s? The app I have written is for windows. UWP stands for universal windows platform. I can use the existing service & characteristics just fine with my app but can't find the ones I add myself. Any other ideas?

I have added a service to my puck using the following code -

NRF.setServices({
      "6E400004-B5A3-F393-E0A9-E50E24DCCA9E" : {
        "6E400005-B5A3-F393-E0A9-E50E24DCCA9E" : {
          value : analogRead(D29),
          broadcast : true,
          readable : true
        }
      }
    });

but I don't see it in the list of services when I use my app to connect to the puck I still only see-
    0x1800, 0x1801 & 6e400001-.....

have I added the service wrong? do I need to activate the service every time I connect to the puck or something? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

ok, so I can connect to the puck, send code to the relevant characteristic & get a notify on change from the tx characteristic. That's all good. However, when I add my own services & characteristics to the puck through the Espruino web ide I cannot not find them through my app in the same way that I can find the original service (the "6E400001-etc."). Should I be able to or do added services not show up in the same way as the default one? Also can I check using the Espruino web ide what services are available on my puck just to check I have actually added them properly?

Ok. The UART service is the gattcharacteristic with the ID 6E400002-B5A3-F393-E0A9-E50E24DCCA9E right? Do I need to do anything code-wise to the puck before it can receive input in this way?

If I want to send control commands such as LED1.set(); to the puck from my own uwp app, what format should I send it in? (string?, byte? etc.).

Actions