badryan

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active May 2017
  • 3 conversations
  • 8 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Upgraded to 1v92. That fixed it.

Says 1v88. Battery level is shown as 100, but I know that can't be true.

Is there a video for firmware updates using iOS? Watched the Android one, but the iOS app looks quite different.

I'm using the magOn event to report magnetometer readings. As shown in the example for the Door Controlled Light, I defined a global variable zero and calibrate the sensor with the readings of an initial Puck.mag() call. However, when I try and use Puck.mag() out of the convenience of a setWatch function upon a button press, I get the above error message.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?

setWatch(function() {
      zero = Puck.mag()
    }, BTN, {edge:"rising", debounce:50, repeat:true});

and I receive something like

Uncaught InternalError: Timeout (Magnetometer)
     at line 9 col 12
      Puck.mag();
               ^
    in function called from system

I have to say the thought that previous configurations have an impact had occurred to me before. I played with 3 Pucks during development, and when ready, updated another 7 Pucks fresh from the box. So all Pucks are now running one and the same JavaScript. Interestingly, the bottom and the top outlier in these graphs are from the first 3 that I used for playing. I resetted them before the test, but I didn't wipe the firmware.

I wasn't aware that the other boards supported temperature readings. In fact, one of the reasons I backed the Kickstarter for the Puck.js was because it seemed to double as BLE thermometer. I'd say +/- 1 degree would be sufficient, so a good thermistor should do. Not like the random generator that's built in. :-)

After getting pretty inconsistent temperature measurements in my house, I put my entire Puck.js collection right next to each other. These are their comparative profiles after 2 hours of equilibration, top for the past 60 minutes, bottom for the past 24 hours. Even the one with the highest readings is consistently 1.2 degrees below my lab-grade thermometer.

Only after they've arrived I saw on here that the readings are just an indication of temperature, not a reliable measurement. A real shame, because that's what I bought them for. Now considering soldering on a thermistor to the GPIO, hoping it fits into the case.

Just thought I'd leave this here as a caveat.

I think that's exactly what I was after. I was confused whether I would have to write some code in NRF.setAdvertising or whether the out-of-the-box behaviour was sending a summary of all sensors.

Actions