RichDunajewski

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Mar 2019
  • 2 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• 13 comments
  • in Other Boards

@Gordon, do you recommend a particular SWD programmer that will work with the Nordic chips? I see some cheap ones out there, but not sure if I need to look for anything special to be able to work with the nRFs.

• in Other Boards

This board appears to have the exact same Nordic module as Puck.js. Would we be able to get Espruino running on this board? What would it take (other than the flashing hardware).

I like the form factor of the Feather boards and the modularity between the various wings. But I always make sure to support Espruino by buying the official hardware as well. Long time backer of all the Kickstarters!

• 6 comments
  • in ESP8266

Thanks for the responses. I'll continue using Telnet as the workaround. It's tricky because I'm working on something that'll connect to any available AP, so it's not always easy to get a Telnet connection to the board when it's gallivanting on various hotspots.

I guess I should add a fallback mode where it will fire up the ESP AP mode at some point to allow me back in. I've been stuck with reflashing the device several times when I couldn't get back to the console to send new code.

• in ESP8266

I have an Adafruit Huzzah Feather board that I've loaded the 1v89 firmware onto, and wanted to use their GPS FeatherWing.

It looks like the Espruino console is interfering with the Serial1 interface (as expected), but I was wondering if there is a way to run the serial console plus the equivalent of "software serial" on another set of pins. The fact that there is no USB interface on this board complicates matters, because on a normal Espruino board I could route the console to USB while running the Serial interface for the GPS. However as far as the ESP8266 is concerned, it just has the Serial1 interface which is brought out to the USB-Serial converter.

If I could set up serial on another pair of pins, I'd be set. Is there any other way to accomplish this?

The only workaround I've found so far is to force the console over Telnet with Telnet.setConsole(true) and to continue using the GPS on the Serial1 pins. Then at least I could see the console, assuming the board is connected to WiFi.

Actions