user71182

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Dec 2016
  • 1 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Hi Gordon,

I did install it before reading the instructions and uninstalling it (the Chome plug in) in favour of the native IDE.

David

Just vanilla windows 10 (UK English) and installed the IDE to the default path. Didn't touch the config until it wouldn't work and I was trying to understand why.

Hi,

One issue and one that I resolved that might be of use to other people.

Issue is that the native IDE quits immediately when I've (succesfully) connected to; and then disconnected from, my puck.js.

It's not the end of the world but it's a bit annoying to have to reload it each time (although I mostly don't have to connect and disconnect often during a session).

The other issue I resolved but it's probably going to annoy other people. I was having issues loading modules. The IDE seemed to be having trouble fetching them. It turned out the URL to esprino/modules was correct but the file types box was using ';' as a separator rather than the pipe symbol. Was easily fixed but I would guess that other people will hit the same issue (and ';' is a more common seperator than a pipe on windows so it's not obvious unless you read the text!) This seemed to be the default config of the app - I didn't do anything special installing it - just all defaults.

Hope that's of help to someone - and would be interested in any ideas (from Gordon) on the native IDE front.

Love my puck ;-)

David

Actions