Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Dec 2016
  • 1 conversations
  • 6 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I would buy dark ones :)

Thanks @Gordon for the explanation.
    But i have bad news: they are dead, Jim!!!
    My two pucks stopped advertising a few days ago (7 to be exact). Thats why i opened this thread. Today i had some free time and tried to get them advertising again and pulled out the battery. I was a little surprised, because there was no red led on while putting the battery in. I did it for both pucks and they are not advertising. I opened a new puck (only 2 of 5 are in use) and used that battery. Working! So i checked both batterys: empty!!! How could this be? I did not upload any code nor was a device connected (Windows PC off and Android phone Bluetooth off).
    I'm shocked :(

@Gordon: yes. If i pull the battery its advertising again. And i can connect via phone. When i disconnect (via nrf connect) the Puck starts advertising again. So thats fine.
    But after some connects/reconnects my Puck does not advertise anymore. I will try to find out how to reproduce (Android phone, web IDE, maybe after x connects?!) and give a feedback.
    I have a question regarding a connected device: how does my Puck knows if there is an alive connection? For example: i connect with my Android phone and suddenly pull out the battery (phone). Will my Puck begin to advertise after some time? For me it seems like my BT connection is weak and if my phone disconnects without a command "disconnect" then my Puck does not advertise anymore.

Best regards
    Foster

@Gordon and @Ollie: thanks for clarification.
    I have only my Android phone that could connect to my pucks. My PC does not have Bluetooth (yet).
    I tried to discover what device is connected, but i could not :( i powered down my Android phone and used my girlfriend Android phone (never connected to any Puck). But both pucks stay "invisible" :( seems like they think they are connected, but this cant be. The only Chance to get them back advertising is to pull off battery.
    How can i log / find out what device is connected? As @Bas suggests: maybe you could add an auto disconnect?
    For me it seems my pucks think they are still connected and therefore advertising is off.

Only one attachement possible? Hm. Here is the second Screenshot :)

Hi,

i received my pucks yesterday. First inpressions: woooho :)
    So i decided to do some coding. I'm familiar with Java and coding in abap at work.
    First: i tried the web IDE from my Android phone (hoooray its a red blinking dot!!! :)). I also connected via "nrf connect".
    And thats the point where i got stuck: my Puck disappeared from BT le scan. I could not find it via web IDE and nrf connect. So i pulled out the battery and i could reconnect.
    Today its the same: i have now two pucks powered on, but i can only find one via scan. There is one thing i noticed: if i connect to a Puck via nrf connect or web IDE, it nots scannable anymore. I have to disconnect (web IDE or nrf APP) and the my Puck reappears.
    Is that a "security feature"? For me it seems like i have to pull out the battery if i disconnect without "real" disconnect (for example: reboot my phone during established connection. Then i cant reconnect, because Puck is not visible).

Best regards,
    Foster

//edit:
    Now my second Puck disappeared :(
    What i have to done: i tried to connect via nrf UART 2.0 Android APP. I needed 3 tries to connect. Then my connection got lost and now i cant find it via scan anymore... :(
    I attached some Screenshots.

Actions