user70843

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Dec 2016
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• 12 comments
  • in General

Thanks, Gordon.
    As I pointed out I try to be 'colour blind' on the aspect which one is better or worse. My point is that the original aim of Oracle's Java platform independence, which has lured so many developers in the 80-ies and 90-ties, has been successful on the device development, and has even moved itself successfully to, for instance, the BD specifications. If that is a good thing or not is open for debate.
    Yet, I don't think my car understands JavaScript, apart from the build in Webbrowser. But Java might've found it's way to more system critical system, where I seriously shudder in awe at the thought of that.

• in General

My additional two cents, if I may, both JavaScript and Java seem to be a good idea at the time. Now for the risk of being treated as a Microsoft fan-girl, I believe that a C# device would be prosperous for the way the IoT will commence. Both Js and Java have their flaws, C#,. NET, mono, seem to be the way to move forward.
    But I'm distracted. I don't believe my 10 year-old television understands JavaScript where it does do Java whether I like it or not.

• in General

I'm not favourizing either technology and I like, or dislike both JavaScript and Java. My point is, that your BD has a Java component. The Bd-j development layer encompasses Java not JavaScript. My Blueray player sports an Oracle Java logo, not a JavaScript logo.
    I'm seem to be quite as irrational as you are.

• in General

I have heard of node.js and have made a couple of services on that. But I'm constrained to stress that node.js is just a small ripple on the server programming environments, currently.

• in General

Although JavaScript might be considered the language of the Web it is in no way the language of laptops, Tv's, severs, or other equipment. The authors seem to have, as many others, confused the programming language JavaScript with Java. Java indeed seems to be the language of 'things'. JavaScript is primarily used as Web browser front end programming language. The two couldn't be more disparate. For one thing Java is a class based language and JavaScript a prototype based, to just mention one dramatic difference . Please correct the main page: https://www.espruino.com/

Actions