Member since Sep 2016 • Last active Dec 2016
  • 1 conversations
  • 31 comments

Most recent activity

• in Interfacing

asked a dumb question so deleted :)

• 6 comments
  • in Interfacing

That was it dude, many thanks! Onward....

• in Interfacing

silly me! Still nothing though :(

• in Interfacing

HI,

I'm trying to do something really simple but it's not working (probably me again)...

I would like the Pico to communicate with an MDFly TF Card MP3 Player Module via Serial1 but it doesn't seem to be doing it. The player is powered and in it's ready state, and the sdcard is loaded with 01-10.mp3 as required.

When the trigger pin on Pico is pulled low, the setWatch fires as evidenced by the "TEST" print in console window, but no response is received from the player.

Attached are some data sheet pages for the player.

Can you guys see anything obvious?

/* trigger pin ~ active low*/
    var START_PIN = B1;
    START_PIN.mode('input_pullup');

USB.setConsole();
    Serial1.setup(9600, {rx:B7,tx:B6,bytesize:8,stopbits:1,parit­y:null});
    Serial1.on('data', function (data) {console.log(data);}); 

function onInit(){
      setWatch(function(e){
        Serial1.println("0x01");
        print("TEST");
      }, START_PIN, {repeat:1, debounce : 100, edge:'falling'});
    }

• in Interfacing

Thanks for your suggestions bud. It's actually working quite well now with G's suggestion to reduce the waveform buffer and seems to play all files. It does stutter occasionally but for this prototype stage I can live with that.

Interesting thoughts on the cycles issue, will have to dig into that.

• in Interfacing

Thanks man, I'll add that page to my list of things to read (learn) ....

I wish I could give further details too but have to protect the IP of the product so shooting blind with some of this. That said, loving what Espruino can do so far!

• in Interfacing

Thanks for taking the time G.

I got to thinking I may have reached the memory limit, hence stripping the code back as much as I could.

The return statement was in there as a debug thing, just so it didn't fall over and I could continue to develop the rest of the features while looking for a solution :)

I did look at using the internal temp sensor as opposed to DS18B20, and I still might revert back. Although, both seen to be around 10 degrees higher than the thermometer I have. Although not critical, it would be nice to have better accuracy.

The images may have to go then, although they are small (icon size). Would it better to call these in from the SD card, or will that still take up valuable memory space?

I'll keep playing with some of your other recommendations and see where I can get to.

I did start out with the Pico, but as I'm using all (and may need more!) of the IO pins, I switched to the larger Espruino (especially as this has the onboard SDcard).

• in Interfacing

Thank you mate, I VERY MUCH appreciate it

• in Interfacing

Dude, I didn't mean to piss you off.

I have to be careful with the code I post so I can protect the IP of the product being developed. I have tried to implement your suggestions and have fed back results.

I very much appreciate all your help Gordon, and have expressed that. I understand how busy you must be and how annoying constant questions are from a "newbie" who doesn't have as much knowledge of the subject matter as yourself, I get that in what I do, so I'm trying to structure help requests and feedback on implementing your suggestions as well as I can.

In a previous post I did ask if I could send you the entire code "as is" to your email (for security reasons) rather than listing it all here, so that you could see the full structure as opposed to snippets but had no response from that so have had to keep posting piecemeal bites of code. I apologise if this approach has angered you.

I don't recall an offer to fix my code if I'm honest but maybe I missed that or misread a post, and neither did I ask you help me start again from scratch. I have stripped down what I believed to be the relevant parts and posted them for you, so to hear you say I couldn't be bothered is a little unsavoury. I did also say I was open to suggestions and if that is "go away and don't bother me again" than so be it.

Thank you for your time thus far.

Actions