To get the thing running from Windows 10:
- connect micro USB on HiLetgo board to computer (mine didn't appear to start up with working Lua, so did flash as follows).
- hold the "FLASH" button on the board, press and release the "RST" button, then after a few more seconds release the "FLASH" button.
- run this this: ESP8266Flasher.exe for Win64 (see below for links)
-- select COM port (should show up in device manager as "Silicon Labs CP210x...")
-- click "Flash(F)" (progress bar should show progress until finished).
- run LuaLoader (may need to select COM port and 9600 baud rate)
- you're basically ready to see some output-- set wireless AP defaults through LuaLoader using the buttons, or type some Lua commands to verify Lua is running.
Detailed instructions and links for ESP8266Flasher and LuaLoader are here: