avanc

Member since Aug 2016 • Last active May 2020
  • 4 conversations
  • 26 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Hello Raik,

thanks for the clarification.
    You are right, the Gadgetbridge icon gets active (blue) immediately after connecting with Chrome regardless if Gadgetbridge is connected. However, Gadgetbridge does not connect over the whole day. But if I connect via Chrome, the Gadgetbridge connections also almost immediately active and I can receive notifications.

I was using version 0.4.1 of Gadgetbridge. I didn' realized there was a new version in FDroid, as FDroid didn' updated the package sources automatically. Will try the new version an will report my observations.

• in Bangle.js

Gadgetbridge does not connect to the watch automatically. The icon on the phone is crossed out and the icon on the watch is grayed out.

However, if I head over to https://banglejs.com/apps/ with the Chrome browser and connect to the watch, Gadgetbridge can connect and the connection stays.

Any hints, how I can get the gadgetbridge reconnect without the chrome workaround?

One side note:
    I connected Gadgetbridge with the watch "without pairing" as mentioned in some other posts (without really knowing what the difference is).

• in News

@Gordon Thanks for clarification. Only to make it clear for me:
    If I donate 5$ via patreon to you, I have to pay 5.95$ because of VAT (19% in Germany). You get the 5$ (minus 5% for patreon), and you don't have to pay VAT a second time, or?

On the other hand, if I pay you 5$ directly, you have to subtract UK VAT (20%) afterwards?

Please understand me correctly, I want to make sure you get the most out of my money :-)

• in News

One question regarding patreon: I will be charged every month an additional dollar VAT. But I wonder why I have to pay VAT on a donation? What is the difference compared to transfer money directly to Gordon? Does he have to pay the taxes in the second case?

And how much of the money goes to patreon?

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

@Gordon does your fix also improve performance of external IR LED? Or had the bug only influence while using the internal LED?

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I have also the problem of short range. It's about 50cm, not much more.

@Gordon: Can I somehow redirect the convenience functions of the Puck to another GPIO?
    Do you also use two pins on the Puck for IR?

• 17 comments
  • in JavaScript

@allObjects: You are right.

Thanks for the advices!

• in JavaScript

Still wondering a little bit, that conversion to Uint8Array is available for some default data types (e.g. string) and not for others (e.g. integer or decimal).

But shouldn't be that hard to write this functionality.

Actions