avanc

Member since Aug 2016 • Last active Jun 2017
  • 3 conversations
  • 24 comments

Most recent activity

• in News

@Gordon Thanks for clarification. Only to make it clear for me:
    If I donate 5$ via patreon to you, I have to pay 5.95$ because of VAT (19% in Germany). You get the 5$ (minus 5% for patreon), and you don't have to pay VAT a second time, or?

On the other hand, if I pay you 5$ directly, you have to subtract UK VAT (20%) afterwards?

Please understand me correctly, I want to make sure you get the most out of my money :-)

• in News

One question regarding patreon: I will be charged every month an additional dollar VAT. But I wonder why I have to pay VAT on a donation? What is the difference compared to transfer money directly to Gordon? Does he have to pay the taxes in the second case?

And how much of the money goes to patreon?

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

@Gordon does your fix also improve performance of external IR LED? Or had the bug only influence while using the internal LED?

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I have also the problem of short range. It's about 50cm, not much more.

@Gordon: Can I somehow redirect the convenience functions of the Puck to another GPIO?
    Do you also use two pins on the Puck for IR?

• 17 comments
  • in JavaScript

@allObjects: You are right.

Thanks for the advices!

• in JavaScript

Still wondering a little bit, that conversion to Uint8Array is available for some default data types (e.g. string) and not for others (e.g. integer or decimal).

But shouldn't be that hard to write this functionality.

• in JavaScript

I want to store an integer using FlashEEPROM. However, only the lowest 8 bits are stored:

> var f = new (require("FlashEEPROM"))();
    > f.write(1, 1025);
    > f.read(1);
    =new Uint8Array([1])

E.toUint8Array() also doesn't help:

E.toUint8Array(1025)
    =new Uint8Array([1])

• in JavaScript

Thanks for all the information.
    But I started my first steps with the build-in flash using flash-eeprom module.

Are there no convenience functions to convert any integer into Uint8Array and back? For strings, these functions are available.

• in JavaScript

@allObjects: Are you talking about adding external memory? How much does those cost?

Actions