avanc

Member since Aug 2016 • Last active Oct 2021
  • 6 conversations
  • 29 comments

Most recent activity

• 7 comments
  • in Bangle.js

While waiting for the watch and preparing one or two small apps, I was thinking what it does mean that the LCD has 8 colors? While designing graphics, what colors can I expect?

• in Bangle.js

My goal is to read the items from a CalDAV server (Nextcloud in my case).
    As it is somewhat specific, I'll keep it separated for now.

The original Grocery app stores the items in the file "grocery" after first start or update. So I intended to change that file. I'll have a look into simpletimer and might adapt Grocery accordingly.

Thanks for guidance.

• in Bangle.js

I started to write a virtual app to update the shopping list of the Grocery app:
    https://github.com/avanc/BangleApps/treeĀ­/master/apps/grocery_sync

No app shall be installed on the device but just data updated. However, there is no type for this and the current version also adds an entry in the app list on the device.

Are there any ideas how to solve this? I saw that the app assistedgps does something similar. However, only data is written into RAM.

• in Bangle.js

Hello Raik,

thanks for the clarification.
    You are right, the Gadgetbridge icon gets active (blue) immediately after connecting with Chrome regardless if Gadgetbridge is connected. However, Gadgetbridge does not connect over the whole day. But if I connect via Chrome, the Gadgetbridge connections also almost immediately active and I can receive notifications.

I was using version 0.4.1 of Gadgetbridge. I didn' realized there was a new version in FDroid, as FDroid didn' updated the package sources automatically. Will try the new version an will report my observations.

• in Bangle.js

Gadgetbridge does not connect to the watch automatically. The icon on the phone is crossed out and the icon on the watch is grayed out.

However, if I head over to https://banglejs.com/apps/ with the Chrome browser and connect to the watch, Gadgetbridge can connect and the connection stays.

Any hints, how I can get the gadgetbridge reconnect without the chrome workaround?

One side note:
    I connected Gadgetbridge with the watch "without pairing" as mentioned in some other posts (without really knowing what the difference is).

• in News

@Gordon Thanks for clarification. Only to make it clear for me:
    If I donate 5$ via patreon to you, I have to pay 5.95$ because of VAT (19% in Germany). You get the 5$ (minus 5% for patreon), and you don't have to pay VAT a second time, or?

On the other hand, if I pay you 5$ directly, you have to subtract UK VAT (20%) afterwards?

Please understand me correctly, I want to make sure you get the most out of my money :-)

• in News

One question regarding patreon: I will be charged every month an additional dollar VAT. But I wonder why I have to pay VAT on a donation? What is the difference compared to transfer money directly to Gordon? Does he have to pay the taxes in the second case?

And how much of the money goes to patreon?

Actions